"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Riding the birthday train...


...29 ahem years ago today, at approximately 6:32am, I came face to face for the first time with this beautiful girl.  She is my first and only daughter, she is my last and only daughter.  And unlike the two boys before her, she made her opposition known to everyone in the delivery room, but I, I was ecstatic!

She is fiercely independent, strong, and creative.  She is too funny for words and has a huge heart, she is tender and loving with a passion for life, her family, her friends, and her cat!  She is beautiful in every way that counts.  She is my missing piece.  She made our family complete, and gave her only surviving brother a sibling to love.  Not only do I love her but I am completely in love with her and every time I see her I am in awe.  How could I have possibly had anything to do with this lovely person? 

I read once that when you give birth to a daughter you give birth to a connection unlike any other.  Being close to my boy, I didn't understand this statement but it is true.  She came into this world and I held her hand, and when I leave this world she will be holding mine.  She is my daughter.  She is my friend.  And today I wish her Happy Birthday  Lindsay~~with love.

13 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful way with words! I love how you say how you feel.....thank you for sharing your gift with us! And.....Happy Birthday Lindsay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....Happy Birthday, Lindsay. I hope you have an awesome day.

    We love your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet tribute to your girl! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post! Happy birthday to your precious daughter!

    Have a very happy day!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne!

    What a lovely tribute to your super girl! Ohhhhh,
    you said it so well. I am so happy for you both.

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a beauty! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww JoJo what sweet and wonderful worgs for your daughter. Happy Birthday Lindsay!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jojo you are so sweet and this post will touch every mothers heart. Awh...

    Happy birthday to your darling beautiful girl. what's the missing piece mean?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Lindsay! You have a phenomenal mother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is ever so sweet. But you failed to mention that she is a very lovely and attractive young lady, too. Happiest of birthdays to her. Hold on to that 29. I'd like to have mine back! LOL
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  11. No fair making me weepy...

    What lovely words for your daughter to remember. What a great gal and she has a pretty cool Mom too....

    Having such closeness with my own "Darling Daughter" I know exactly how you feel. It's amazing isn't it?

    Happy Birthday to Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent way with words as always. she truely is a beautiful girl, and I love her. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet way to wish your daughter a Happy Birthday. I have two daughters and I am totally understand how you feel. Your daughter is a lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...