"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

White Wednesday...

...I have recently been on a self-imposed hiatus from thrifting.  Sorry to say, it somehow lost it's appeal.  Maybe I was going to often or expecting too much.  Maybe I was bored waiting for summer to arrive, oh, I don't really know why.  Yesterday the hubs and I were up the hill at a friends place when on the way home I spotted a 'thrifty' place that I had not seen before.  Hallelujah...the break is over.  Found a few things to add to my collection of 'everything' and even better~~it is white!!
a pretty, petite table cloth.  About 30 x 30..perfect for my porch table.
a small cannister for sugar with a cute little apple on top and a criss-cross design.

a basket-weave bowl, ironware from Italy...
to add to my growing collection.



For more White Wednesday just click here.  Have a good Wednesday y'all, and be sure to get out of the heat, stay cool and hydrated!




8 comments:

  1. Nice finds glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your White Wednesday posts! I wish I had a passion like yours. I think if I had a collection at all it would be like your baskets. I love them!!! Thanks for sharing!

    BTW.....we got our tickets for the Husker/Washington game the other day! We are coming for sure! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Basket Bowls!!! Those are so pretty!!! I too need to find a passion. Boy it is HOT in Ohio. Mid 90's for over a week now. I am ready for it to cool down a bit. I love summer but this is a Hot one and our AC doesn't work in the van.
    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to ban myself from thrifting too! You sure did find some nice things on your break from thrifting break!
    Happy White Wednesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...I hear ya! I'm kinda slowed down on the thrift store stuff. I think it's because I have so many project lined up...until, like you, I spot something I just have to have.
    Those ceramic baskets are TDF. It's cool and windy here in so. cali...I swear, the apocalypse is coming if this crazy weather doesn't stabilize..lol

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh..I'm loving your white weave bowl collection! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...