"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The great debate...

...celery debate that is.

I've seen this on a few blogs lately and found it intriguing.  Rather than wonder much about it I decided to jump on the bloggy-band-wagon and give it a try for myself.

Did you know you can root and grow celery from the cut-off end of a store bought bunch?  Here we go:


celery.


cut off end.

put in a dish with a little warm water and let set overnight.


plant in your garden or in a pot, as I have done.  just dig the hole about an inch deeped than the 'end,' fill the hole with water, drop in, cover with an inch of soil and et voila.  we'll have to check back in a few days and see how it goes. (don't forget to water!)


Have you tried this?  Did it work?

14 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this but I will just to see what happens.
    Let us know how it goes...

    Love the header photo. It's striking and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting, never heard that before. I will hve to try that. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to wait and see what happens with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I do it with onions. Will have to try it!

    Thanks Joanne for the tip and demo!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no clue that you could do this. I will be watching yours to see how it does!!! LOL..

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see if this works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try this joanne.
    And.....Thank you for your kind words, this is a hard week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...good to know...what will you do with the rooted celery?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's interesting. But I'm not a big celery fan. I'm curious, though. Let us know how it works!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me know if this works! I might give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl your always up to something but who would of thought it would be celery today.
    I will be like the others and just have to see if this works. Cool if it does for sure we will all be doing it.
    How are u and what have you been doing besides growing celery.
    Hope your doing well
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI.....found you through Java's Over 40 Bloggers. Always fun to meet new people.
    I have never heard of such a thing, but as soon as I show this to my hubby he'll want to try it for sure.
    We just bought a greenhouse and are looking forward to next spring starting to grow alot of our own things.....we need a head start with a green house in this cool country of Alberta Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try it and I don't even like celery, but Carol likes to cook with it so if it does work it will save a bit of grocery money. I'll let you know how it goes.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...