"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, July 19, 2010

Conversations...


...Friday I had a visit with my new podiatrist. Not that there was anything wrong with the "old" one, it's just that we moved TEN years ago and I'm finally in the process of finding new doctors closer to home. After getting all my paperwork in order, reciting all my medications to the nurse, and getting comfortable in his quite comfortable lounger chair, he came in the room.

 Looking over my chart and shaking his head he said;

"Hello Ms. J, first thing I would like to tell you is Congratulations!"

"Congratulations???" I answered, wondering what I was being congratulated for. Did I win a contest? Was I the number -----patient that day? And most of all, did the prize include food in any way.

"Yes," he replied. "You've been diabetic for over forty years and I wanted to Congratulate you on not being dead!!!!!!!"

Well, o.k., I'll take a compliment any way I can get one.

I need some cake.

3 comments:

  1. And I congratulate you too, sweet lady! Keep up the good work. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a pedicure!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cake it's addicting. Celebrate he is right! Congratulations are in order. I'm so hooked on sugar right now I need to go to a meetin somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...