"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

White Wednesday...

...there is a saying around these parts that goes "it isn't summer until the 5th of July."  Meaning, don't expect June weather to be nice, don't expect the 4th to be anything but raining.  BUT, come July 5th you can pretty much be guaranteed sunny, warm, blue skies until October.
With that in mind, and the fact that June has been particularly cold and damp, I still have no flowers blooming outside.  My veggie patch (from starts) is sadly struggling for survival and my bedding plants have seen better days.  What is a girl to do?  Well, this one stopped at the grocery today and while she was there she picked up some Spider Mums...enjoy!





Please join Kathleen at Faded Charm for more Wednesday Whites.  Thanks K!

14 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! No flowers for me, and my one, lonely, tomato plant doesn't look like it is going to make it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spider mums are beautiful. Enjoy them. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spider Mums, really! Who would have thunk it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm beginning to think you live in Siberia.
    mums are always happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely see why you guys over there have that saying! Usually June is decent here, but this year has been cold. I love the beauties you brought home from the market. They are gorgeous! I wish I could send you an armload of peonies!
    Have a wonderful dry 4th (I hope) and a great July 5th.lol!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by oldgreymare
    Joanne.

    I think Project Genesis is off to a good start. The linky will still be up there for a few days, or join us next time on August 1.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on Friday Follow. Great Blog! I'm your newest follower.

    KyAnn

    http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mums are lovely! happy 4th *and sunny 5th* from >40 : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mums are absolutely gorgeous!

    New follower here from Javas blog...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

    I am now following you. Please follow me if you haven't already done so!!

    I would also like to invite you to join the Over 40 Bloggers Club!! Take a look and join in the fun!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Java

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not been on line in a LONG time, but am back! Thanks for all the posts! I always enjoy reading your thoughts! Glad to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not been on ling for a LONG time, but I am back! I love reading your posts and thank you for sharing your writing talents! It feels good to be back on line!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those photographs are so beautiful, they look like paintings. You should have them framed, and put on your wall. Gorgeous!

    Cheers,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...