"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

White Wednesday...


...my hubs had a doctor appointment today and I rode over with him so he could drop me at the junk mall on the way.  I ducked in, it was dark-cloudy and hailing at the time, and spent some quality time with me and myself!  Oh, and I found a few goodies too:

another pocket vase to add to my growing collection
this old heavy iron bracket,
don't know where it will go yet


lasy weekend, while cleaning out the garage,
I came across this old, chippy, iron
plant hanger that came from the hubs
gradmother's house in Minnesota...
very, very old.



and lastly today, I found this vintage table cloth
which will be making an appearance out on the
porch table next sunny day.



Happy White Wednesday
joining
in
with Kathleen at
check it out!







15 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! I really like Grandmom's hanger and the tablecloth, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to hide from the rain and hail by shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great treasures there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a wonderful eye for treasure!! I dearly love that table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoJo, you always find the bestest treasures ever!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jojo, I know the perfect place for the bracket to hang...over at MY house!!!! And that awesome plant hanger as well.hehe. I will take good care of it for the next generation to enjoy...oh yeah, and while your packing it all up to send to me, you could toss in that beautiful table cloth.
    What? Me greedy! Nooo
    hugs to you from here sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finds!! I love the old rusty hanger and that tablecloth looks brand new.
    Nice shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite would be grandma's flower hanger. I just love pieces with family history. It keeps the memories clearer and closer. Every time we pass by, our loved ones come to visit if only for a moment.

    :}
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tablecloth is a sweetheart! I love hand embroidered linens - charming!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely whites, especially that chippy plant hanger, and that pretty tablecloth!
    Happy White Wednesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I don't participate in White Wednesday.....I certainly appreciate your beautiful finds.

    Thanks for stopping by with the positive comment.

    XZOXO

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your pretty things!!! I too love the pocket vases. The only one I have although is the one you gave me...LOL. The tablecloth is a beauty also. I just love all your pretty things and wish I had your sense of treasures!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo!

    I love your finds! That plant hanger from the trash is great. It all looks so good together. A dr.s appt. turned into a Shabby Chic feast!

    Happy Saturday!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...