"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, June 28, 2010

walkin' and talkin'...

...I took my camera for a walk today.  I decided, before I go out and buy a new grandma upgraded camera, I should learn how to use all the settings on the old one.

I have a Canon A560 which was a gift for Christmas from my daughter a few years ago.  I love how easy it is to point and shoot but I wanted to be able to get some real sweet close-ups.  It has several settings on it so I tried experimenting with them.

standard:


landscape:


manual:


kids/pets:




and finally Auto.  As you can see I clearly need to find the owners manual and figure out what the heck I'm doing.  Otherwise, all I really accomplished was getting dizzy!   What kind of camera do you have?

7 comments:

  1. We are a Nikon family and my camera is much more advanced than I am! My husband bought it for me for my birthday about a year ago, and I still must admit that I haven't learned as much about it as I should. The Nikon D80 is the camera that I used to have and I loved it, but any of the Nikons are fabulous!

    Enjoy your search!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Canon and I pick the little heart easy button the majority of the time because I don't know nuttin bout birthin no pitchas, Mizz Scarlett.

    Close ups work good on portrait. and not with the zoom the zoom makes things fuzzy for me. I am no expert I just keep clicking.

    cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Nikon D40 and I love it. I have a book that is very helpful but seems too technical sometimes. Then, last fall I bought a book called ~Nikon D40/d40x for Dummies~ and I have learned more information from this book about all aspects of my camera than ever before.
    I use the auto settings most of the time, but I'm learning about the manual setting too. It's a slow process.
    I LOVE THIS CAMERA. I beat it to death and carry it everywhere and it keeps on ticking.... as long as I recharge the battery when it tells me to.
    I hope you're feeling better this week. Keep your head up girl. Life isn't always wonderful. In fact, it can suck big time. The trick(sometimes) is to learn a new hobby and do it with a passion.
    Keep taking those photos. That last one is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love my kodak... would love a nikon but simply can not afford one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a fugi point and shoot! I love the simple things~
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't look at me...After owning the same cell phone for 5 years, I just realized I could text on it...my camera is no exception..lol

    Just say your being artsy fartsy!

    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Canon and it's actually not a bad camera, but I am not a photographer.

    I love the photo looking up at the buildings. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...