"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Through the looking glass...

we had a glorious weekend here, sunny-weather-blue-skies-mild-breeze-75degrees--ahhhhh!  Translation:  get out the shorts and flip-flops baby!  We were finally able to get out in the yard and catch up on all the things that didn't get done last Fall or earlier in the Spring.  It was delicious, and sunny, did I mention that?

I worked mostly on the patio, getting it swept up and getting the outdoor furniture in order.  Got some bedding plants planted and even cleaned out the fountain.  Unfortunately she didn't survive the winter without some damage.  There is a huge crack in the lower bowl (the larger one) and I will have to go into town and check with the fountain guys to see if it can be fixed.  She is very special to me and even if it can't be fixed I will keep it, it holds some very important memories, for another post.


Recently, after deciding I was the only person on earth to not be on it, I joined Facebook.  Against my better judgement too!  I just didn't need something else sucking time out of my day.  I see why it is referred to as Facecrack, dang, I have been having fun looking up some old high school friends.  Now laundry and dusting will have to wait even longer!

I will leave you with this...this is my 400th post.  Woo-hoo, seems like you should give me some kind of award or something for putting up with me...yes you read that right.  Take care y'all and have a good Monday.

jj



10 comments:

  1. I do hope the fountain can be repaired, it is beautiful. Congratulations on this being your 400th post. If I had an award to give you I would be rushing it to you fast as I could. I hope you keep having nice weather to enjoy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend was glorious! Congrats on your 400th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on #400! If that fountain can't be fixed, just use it as a planter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola took the words right out of my mouth. Make the fountain into a planter. I have and it's almost prettier...
    Happy 400th post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jojo, Yep it's time for the warm weather clothes to finally come out for good! It felt good to get a little sun here as well.
    I don't even know why I joined FB, I swore I never would and now I did and don't even go there much. I have been thinking of bowing out gracefully before my old classmates find me.hehe
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on a nesting rampage since the start of the year. I reorganized the hallway and kitchen cabinets to prepare for all the baby stuff we're soon to accumulate.



    Nursery Bedding

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well pooh! We must have gotten your Washington weather here in Colorado last weekend because it was RAINY RAINY RAINY!!! Today is looking mighty fine though.

    Facecrack is good. See ya there! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 400th post...! Whoo hoo...! Your blog is always great.

    See you on Facebook... :-)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...