"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, May 8, 2010

the second Sunday...

mothering:  (verb)
tran:
to look after kindly and protectively.

there are so many ways to mother
and which ever way
you have recieved this Blessing
it is your day
to recieve
 that,
which you have given so selflessly,
in return.

Today,
I celebrate my Mother
in my heart.
I will
carry my cherished memories
close all day
and
thank her for
giving me life.

I also,
celebrate my children today.
for without
the gift
of them
I would be nothing.

Dear Mama,
Thank you for giving me life
and
thank you for making it good.
I love you.

Happy Mother's Day


 

p.s.  blogger is messing with me today so I was unable to give a link but I want to thank Suzan at Oldgreymare for the beautiful definition of mothering.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Jojo. I hope your day is as special as you are.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious post you are so dear. Happy Mothers Day to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post on Mother's Day. Hope your Mother's Day was nice and relaxing! And I wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my post about my Aunt and Uncle. That was very thoughtful and I really appreciated it. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog Jojo. I hope you had a great day. ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoJo
    This is such a beautiful post for Mother's Day. I wish I had thought of it...
    I do miss my mother.
    Just wanted to say hello and to let you know I am still kicking but not to high. lol
    Right now the pain meds are working so I am trying to visit a few friends.
    Love you
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning.....such a lovely post.

    Just wanted to stop by and thank you for stopping by and joining up on my little blog. I love meeting new friends.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was a beautiful post!

    It says I follow you, but I'm not getting notified of your blog. So, I guess I'll put you in my bookmarks! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...