"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Tuesday somewhere...

...just some random Tuesdayness Tuesday Randomness.

*I want to be all things for all people, the blog to end all blogs, have all the answers~the stylish home~apron on~dusting done~coffee and dessert at the ready.  Yes, it's the awful "catholic, oldest daughter middle child syndrome" rearing it's ugly head again.  Please, please, please pick one thing and stick with it.  Perfectionism is not for you (me).

*I listen to a 'sappy' radio show in the evening when I am well, let's just say, getting ready for sleep.  The DJ on this show is a very sweet woman with quite a history, she is legend around here.  One of the sayings she has, when talking to a caller, is "Who is on your heart tonight?"  Isn't that just the best?  Anyway, she asked the caller and I silently said 'my mama.'   The very next song she played was my 'mama' song...the one we picked out together, that would be our forever song, that I would hear when she was near and watching over me.  Everyone say it with me now..."awww!"

*I finally planted my wildflowers today.  Seeing as they are just mats full of seeds that you simply roll-out and water, I can't imagine what took me so long.   Also planted some broccoli, squash, peppers, eggplant and cucumber seedlings.  I (we) even planted a yellow cherry tomatoe plant in the topsy-turvy.  We have not used this contraption miracle of modern man yet so I am anxious to see what happens. I still need to get some annuals for the front yard~maybe this weekend.  So, how does your garden grow?
jj




*Bunny, if you stop by,  your package is on it's way.  Sorry it took so long.  You probably forgot by now that you won my giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. Isn't it amazing how our moms stay with us even when they leave this world? My mom and I had a song, too. It was the Andrews Sisters "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would that be Delilah, perhaps? Funny, I used to listen to her when I lived in Texas, and I do here in North Carolina from time to time. I need to hoe my garden, but we're making up for two months without rain. I don't wanna complain too much, but I don't want the weeds to get too high, either!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they played your Mama's song... how sweet. Thanks for sharing that. Moments like that are precious.

    You do not want to see my yard girlfriend. YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My garden? What's that? Now I feel guilty and I can't even blame the Catholics! I am the middle child, though, so I'll put the blame there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post! i cant wait to hear how the topsy turvey turned out, as i pass that thing in almost every store I go to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! So what is yuor Mama song, if you don't mind my asking.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...