"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day dreamin'...

...in twenty-one days it will be summer and we will experience the 'longest' day of the year.  Yet, I swear these last few days have been some of the longest I have ever experienced.

In a short break from the rain, clouds and wind, I took a little walk around my backyard.  It was a soggy, forlorn looking place, looking more like fall than three weeks from summer.  The vegetable garden looking much like it did three weeks ago when we planted it, no, I take that back, everything is squishy and slimey...like someone left the water on too long.  The bedding plants we planted are a soggy mess and will need to some out so we can start over.

I heard on the news last night that we have yet to reach 70degrees...the end of May.  It was 62degrees in the house when I got up this morning and I had to turn the furnace on...the end of May.  So, since Spring has decided to detour from here I thought I should go out and 'find' some spring.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  Just pretend that this is a walk in my backyard:


how about these geraniums?


rows and rows of the pretties.


maybe marigolds are more your style.



or sassy little snapdragons.

or my personl favorite dahlia's.


who knows what these are?

or how about a basket of begonia's
in my favorite color.

ending our tour with a hanging basket
of ruffled petunia's.
these are new to me this year.

How does your garden grow?  And if you are eating fresh tomatoes off
of plants you grew from seeds...
don't tell me about it.

Thanks for taking this little fantasy trip around my backyard with me!
Enjoy your Tuesday and remember....
it's a short week!

jj

7 comments:

  1. When did you come to my backyard? I would have fixed you a glass of iced tea, with a sprig of mint in it...also from my garden! Uh-huh, yeah, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work your magic in my yard now, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perennials are up, grasses and herbs are looking good, but I haven't gotten any bedding plants yet. I'm guessing there will be some great sales soon, so I'm holding out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous...especially the Dahlia's...my fav. Someone has a green thumb...and it's not me...lol


    have a wonderful week.

    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could send some of our sun. It was only low 70's today, but we hit 90 over the weekend. My veggies are finally starting to take off. Warm hugs.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne,

    You have too little heat, we have too much. You have too much rain, we'll have none for months.

    Well aren't we a pair of hard to please?

    I know how it feels though too much of one thing.. We had four months of wind....too much...now four months of heat...too much...spread it around a little already right?

    Hope your soggy feet are soon dry.

    :}

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure of the spelling, but I believe your red flowers are known as nicotiana which is an ornamental tobacco plant! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...