"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday's **snap**...

...where one snapshot says a thousand words about my weekend!


it's planting time at my house...finally.  I have decided to plant Dahlia bulbs tubers this year.  Usually, I buy them in pots, from the nursery in July, when they are already mature and blooming.  Not this year baby,  we're starting from scratch.  I've cleared out a few rose bushes that were brown and crispy from outside my dining room window, and am going to have a Dahilia garden there.  

Then there are the wildflower 'mats.'  Have you ever tried these?  They are about 10ft long and saturated with wildflower seeds.  You roll them out, or cut them to fit a planter etc, put them down on the ground and water.  Viola...in a few weeks...beautiful wildflowers.  I'm trying the butterfly garden this year.

The crate was a 'find' about twenty years ago.  I can't remember where I had it all these years but I just came across it and decided to clean it up.  It's a "Pepsi" crate with lots of little bottle compartments. 

So, here is where all you creative types get to put on your thinking caps and give me some ideas on what I should do with this crate.  ??  Also, I will be posting something fun at the end of the week and it will include a prize...are you game?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! And Graciella!

    Wild flower mats? They work? I love the idea!

    Dahlias....my favorite. Can't wait to see them ....

    Perfect spring morning here....a bunny, cardinal and chipmunk about 4 feet from each other in the front shack patch. Have a beautiful day Joanne!

    love,kelee

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a big dahlia garden that I love! Never used the flower mats before, I'm curious to hear how they work for you. Excited to hear about the give-a-way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is going to be colorful and beautiful around your place...hope you share pictures when all are blooming. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo speaks right to this gardener's heart. Can't wait to see follow ups of the dahlias in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alrighty then! Humm the wooden crate. I do believe I would hang it on a porch wall and put little garden paraphenalia in it. Maybe some little wooden antique doo dads or even some glass stuff like knobs. You could rotate what you fill it with to go with the seasons. It would be cute in the fall with little gourds and pumpkins. I can't wait to see how those mats work out!!! Dahlias are great. Planting tubers is the way to go! Did you get any irises when I was giving them away?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a couple of coke crates. I have mine on the wall and display my wooden spool collection in them. I like the idea of changing out the display with the season.

    I tried the wildflower seeds in one of my gardens and I didn't like it (I am a control freak). I had trouble telling weeds from flowers. I have switched that garden out to lilies and all the plants I recognize easily. We have an empty field that our billboard is in. We are going to burn it off and plow it up and plant wildflowers in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm thinking that you had the perfect weekend. My kind of perfect weekend anyway. My sister has an old pepsi crate that she hung on her wall and it holds miniture collections in it.
    Isn't it great that Spring is finally here?
    Hey I was in Nampa this past weekend and thought of you. Did you ever get to go for sure?
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been planting too JoJo!
    That crate would make a nice shadow box!
    <><

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...