"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, April 23, 2010

~~~Love is stronger than death~~~




It's been a tough week in blogland.  Such a huge and confusing loss.  Hearts are broken, dreams shattered, and we are left to wonder, what remains? 
Hallie, John and Connor~~these words have meant so much to me in my times of grief.  I hope somehow you hear them...I pray you find grace and peace. 



"in our lives we hunger for those we cannot touch.
all the thoughts unuttered, all the feelings unexpressed
play upon our hearts like the mist upon our breath.
but, awoken by grief, our spirits speak
'how could you believe that the life within the seed
that grew arms that reached
and a heart that beat
and lips that smiled
and eyes that cried
could ever die?'

here comes the blue sky
here comes springtime
when the rivers run high and the tears never dry.
when everything that dies
shall rise.

lovelovelove is stronger than death."





(lyrics by Matt Johnson
after the death of his brother.)




Peace to you little one~

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful words. Love is what we have to cling to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sad and I pray for Hallie, John and Connor daily...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh JoJo, that was beautiful and made me cry. Such a tragic thing to have hit our blog community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is the answer...beautiful words and a beautiful person.

    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have felt so lost since hearing about CJ's death. So many of us have come to know one another through our blogs and have developed genuine care and concern for one another. When people who do not understand the blogging world say negative things about it, they should know how many people are hurting over the loss of a young man that most of us have never even met. The pain is very real. Too real.

    Love to you, dear JoJo,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful words and so sorry for you loss. So sad and so young.
    I have missed visiting with you. I hope your husband is doing much better after his accident at work.
    Let me know how you are too
    Love and take care
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry; very comforting words. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always know just the right thing to say. I don't know your friends, but I do feel their pain. I am thinking of all of you.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...