"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A day late...

...and $15 short.  How did that happen and where have I been?

I missed White Wednesday this week at Faded Charm because I thought today was Tuesday.  I was frantically busy getting my 'whites' together and taking the photos and, oh well, here's a preview of next weeks pretties:



Since I thought it was Tuesday I got myself all prettied up dressed and took off for my doctors appointment...without my co-pay.  No problem though since the appointment is next Tuesday! 

I've been watching a new show on TLC called "Hoarders," and I must say I am getting quite concerned.  On tonite's episode 'Cindy,' who is a ringer for the old Roseanne, is a compulsive shopper which has led to her hoarding problems.  People of the world:  I am {} this far away from being profiled on that show.  I have diagnosed myself with a serious compulsive shopping addiction especially in thrift/antique stores.  OMGosh!  I'm going to call it SAETS.  Apparently the 'high' is in the shopping and the thrill of finding that certain thing that you must have but don't know it until you see it.  Are you affected too?

On a more serious note I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for your comments, support, good thoughts and prayers for the hubs.  He is doing much better and has headed back to work where he belongs.  Oddly enough I have only left the house twice in the last ten days and that leaves little to blog about.  I'm workin' on it...really. 

Has Spring sprung where you are?  And where are you?

12 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I, too suffer from SAETS. Recently I came across Hoarders while thumbing through the channels and was in awe of what I saw! It was frightening how much I had in common. In reality, I am far from them, you CAN still see the furniture in my home; but my garage is a dead ringer for some of the shots on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like a rough week. Mid 80's tomorrow here in eastern North Carolina, or ENC as they so affectionately call it on the radio. My health insurance payments went down by $2 a month, but my deductible went up by $200 and my co-pay went up by $5. Haven't been to the doc in a long time. Last time was a worker comp claim....broken thumb...very painful.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just catching up on visiting my favorite bloggers. You're always fun. SAETS? Love it. :-) I love shopping too, but sometimes I will get something home, wonder why I bought it, and give it away. I guess I am the opposite to a hoarder. *heh*

    I have watched that show a few times, and I want to get the ladies from "How Clean is Your House" over there. Imagine combing those two shows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something about Hoarders that I just cannot watch, seriously. I kind of get nauseous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhhh, I'm going to the thrift store today!! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a lady in the bank line who had her car full of "stuff"! Oh my! Spring here in VA is awesome! I have my garden tilled up and am getting ready to plant!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back...we have missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. too funny! The show, Hoarders scares me...I know people really live like that, they have not always been that way...but what, did the vacuum cleaner break one day and they said forget it...I'm done.
    You have a great blog!!!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi joanne, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that show Jojo. I think it has actually helped me face my fear of becoming one. I am one tramatic trigger away from becoming a hoarder. LOL! I used to have a rule that something had to leave if something new came into the house. I still try to live by that rule, but not doing so great lately.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been meaning to post something since I read this last week, but my blogging time has been very limited lately and am just now getting to it. You have absolutely NO IDEA how much we are alike! It is scary! As I read your post about "Hoarders" realized I have got to get a handle on "cleaning out". While I have never seen the show, and I'm pretty sure I don't have that extreme of a case, you have reminded me that I need to get busy! I've missed your posts! I'm glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...