"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Don't give up on me yet...

...I know I haven't been around much, not only do I have a blog-block (ouch!), I have a crazy annoying stubborn case of dry eye.  It seems especially annoying whenever I am doing anything I enjoy that causes eye-strain such as being on the computer, watching t.v., looking at things.  I've got some special eye-drops (well...actually it's any eye-gel which causes a whole new set of problems,) so I should be back to normal (read: random) soon. 

I am doing the best I can to keep up with y'all and I know you will forgive me for not commenting.

I have a busy, busy weekend ahead.  On Saturday I am giving a talk at a local Diabetes Education Class and on Sunday we are celebrating an early Passover with my son and his bride.  This will be our second year of sharing Passover with her family and we so look forward to spending the evening with them.  It is also Palm Sunday this weekend so we will be celebrating the beginning of Holy Week as well.

 Hope you have a good weekend~~it's time to go close my eyes for awhile!

13 comments:

  1. JoJo
    We all understand so please just take care of yourself. I hate your having these problems...it must be horrible to have dry eyes.
    So proud of you for doing a talk on diabetes this Saturday.
    Enjoy your family Sunday and I hope by then your much better.
    All I did today was mow and mow so tonight I am catching up on all of you...
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jojo, I agree with GYH! Just take care of yourself. I haven't blogged much myself, and most of mine is just a 'cut and paste' something.

    Have fun this weekend! Come back when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo, you know I totally understand with everything going on here! I have not been blogging as much as I normally do. I am still playing catch up =)Take care and enjoy the time with your family.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is spring and every body is busy with other things. I am covered in a rash, sneezing with teary eyes. With spring comes allergies! Eye gel, huh? Does that make your vision a little blurry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you do have a busy weekend...have a great one! Hope your dry eyes get better. Cyberhugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a good celebration. Not sure what all we are doing this weekend. I haven't been around a whole heck of a lot this week either, but will try more this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jojo...take care of yourself and put your feet up too! Have a wonderful weekend and visit with your family.

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not and will never give up on you my friend, Jojo!!!

    Feel better and know ILY!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jojo ~ We all want you to take it easy & good care of yourself. Hope your eye issues clear quickly. Enjoy your celebrations for Holy week. Best of wishes on your Diabetes speech.

    Happy Easter!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and that you feel back to your random self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your celebrations. Hope your eyes are better soon. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope to hear your eyes are doing much better very soon. Just take care of them and you, I am sure everyone understands. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sweet Friend! I'm making the rounds and catching up now that my computer is alive and lapping up my every command. : D Simple pleasure, indeed!

    I'll keep your eyes in my prayers.

    Keep resting and don't worry so much about the bloggy world. Your previous post about comments made me laugh a bit in nervous tandem, as I have struggled with the whole Jr. High feeling of this commenting numbers thing. (Did I mention OUCH! in context to Jr. High -- glasses, poor clothes, dreamy thoughts . . . well you get the idea of my OUCH! back then.)

    I suggest you turn off the counters stop blanket "friending" and making lists of other blogs . . . just write and share and enjoy those that have something to share back.

    I can never keep up with all the blogs I like to slip into for a peek. Happily, I have found lots of true friends with lots to say. Along the way I have encountered many silent or unresponsive types, too. The world is full of so many kinds -- 'tis enough to understand a few and connect with them rather than wonder about all the rest.

    Don't fret dear one. You're loved a lot around Wisteria Cottage and I enjoy every comment we share. Sometimes I just dash by for a peek without a speak, but I carry forth a smile from our brief visit. It's just joy in a quieter form. Let's celebrate it all!

    XO! ~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...