"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

White Wednesday...36 (5)...

...last fall we went to a yard sale that was being put on by our town.  It was located at the Meeker Mansion (Ezra Meeker home) where the vendors set up their booths on the grounds, under the old oak trees among the fountains and benches.  It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm, with just a hint of fall in the air.

It didn't take me long to spy this little baby and make my way over to the table.  It was laying under the table, slightly hidden, calling my name.


by the way, this is the same yard sale where I found the infamous chair!  This is quite heavy and made of plaster with a waterproof finish on it.  It's quite small, only 9" x 14" and 5" deep.









from the top...



I just love the details and for $2 I think I got a pretty good deal.  The only problem I am having, that I need all your wonderful help with, all your fantastic ideas, and creativity, is this~~~what to do with it?  What would you do?



Linking up to White Wednesday at Faded Charm.  Head on over there and check out all the other White Wednesday fun!

15 comments:

  1. It would of been calling me too...OMG two dollars...call the police you stole it...lol
    I would hang it in a wall grouping with perhaps a small angel or two beside...look at my bedroom mantle pictures to see what I am talking about..
    Love to you
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would fill it with pretties...a picture, pearls overflowing, or flowers and lace...pretty find!
    rene'

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really pretty piece! What a great find. I'd hang it in a grouping too, or under a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an interesting piece of art, but I don't have a clue what to do with it. If I find stuff like that it often gets stuck in a box in the shed until I clean it out. Then I end getting rid of it because it has only been sitting in the shed for a year or two.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty. I am sure it would great somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. $2.00!! No way!! I would have to use it outside somewhere. :) HWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great deal...now where did you hang this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, vines. You have found some really cool stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That was a steal for only $2!

    I would probably just hang it on the wall in a grouping. It looks like there is a small opening on the top to tuck something into? Maybe drape a piece of lace or doily in there with a little trailing ivy, and hang it next to or with a mirror or grouping of white painted frames.

    You will have to let us know what you end up doing with it! Maybe on another WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from another N. Westerner. :-)

    I'd use it underneath a picture, or maybe even underneath a cantilevered shelf to look like a bracket.

    Love the details of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jojo,
    Well I think it would be cool hung upside down over my bed and attach fabric inside and have it hang down on each side of my bed. However I just realized that I don't know how big it is and it would hurt like H if it fell on your head at night. Maybe not such a great idea after all. It's beautiful whatever you do with it.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your find is very pretty with all those scrolly bits. I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know it's my first time visit here and so I'm off to have a look around now! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it something that could be attached to the top of a cupboard or shelf. Looks like a decorative piece full of possibilities.

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. JoJo good morning....wanted to come by and say hello and to thank you for the prayers for Christi. I do believe in the power of prayer and it has helped me again.
    Have a wonderful blessed day
    Love
    Maggie
    Glad you entered the giveaway..lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is quiet a find JoJo. And it has beautiful all over it.
    <><

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...