"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A peek into my insanity...


this morning when I came out to the kitchen, this is what I saw...


my most beautiful, pink, Amaryllis had broken off at the stem...even though it had been staked...

and the blossom was already wilted and crying for help.  Sadly, it could not be saved.

I really didn't feel well enough to go out today even though the sun was shining and it was quite warm  (sorry, rest of the country!).  The trees are budding and the bulbs are up and ready to pop with color~~~it's so confusing.

We have had many a snow storm in mid to late February so I am cautiously awaiting an early spring.

As I said, I really didn't want to go out but had to run to the grocery store for some more fever reducing, cold, cough, headache so you can rest  medication. Greeting me at the door were these little lovelies~~just calling my name and begging to come home with me. (I'm pathetic).



notice the pinecone, that is not part of the boquet but a left over Christmas decoration.  Really, it's time to put it all away.

and that bowl? Not a cereal bowl but a 'tulip' bowl.  I've never really figured out how to use it although it is quite pretty.  I'll have to show you one of these White Wednesdays.


I spent the rest of the day recuperating and even slept through the Super Bowl (I'll get over it)

 I still haven't had a chance to put my kitchen back together since painting it two weeks ago but I'm starting to get used to it this way.  It's like being in a constant state of chaos and right now that feels like home.

Aim high, that's what I always say and you can interpret that any way you like!  Good Monday to you...

8 comments:

  1. I'm tired of coughing, snorting, and blowing my nose too. I don't think the meds really help after the first day or two. Our bodies just have to get over it!

    The tulips are screaming "SPRING!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad about the Amaryllis, but those tulips make me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read along, 2 words jumped out at me - sun and warm! How lucky you are! Enjoy the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that you must be warmer than California right now. My tulips are just peeking through the ground.
    I'm sorry that you have had the "yuckies" for so long. Just take care of yourself.
    Those Amaryllis are really quite heavy. Sometimes they just break with their own weight. Too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a flower person(except for Star Gazer lillies and butterfly bushes) but the tulips are gorgeous! Sorry about your rude awakening with your Amaryllis.

    Cold and snowy here but I like cold and snow. Now summer is a completely different story! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are beautiful!

    I just got sick yesterday, it seems that everyone is feeling crappy lately. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your amaryllis! Hope the tulips will bring you joy and end the coughing, sneezing (and in case .... wetting myself). Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jojo, A boy...I think we must have had the same weekend. I came home from helping one of my girls move and then when I got home another daughter asked if I was feeling okay, to which I responded "yep, just a little tired". Next morning I woke up with the flu. Went through 2 boxes of alka selter plus in four days, but it kept me upright, somewhat. I don't do sick well. I'm feeling better today and I sure hope you are too.
    And I hope you get that early spring and that I am right behind you.
    I'm so glad you treated yourself to those beautiful tulips my friend.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...