"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, February 21, 2010

All the pretty primroses...

...when I went grocery shopping last week, I noticed, as I was walking in the door, primroses by the six pack for $6.99.


ohhh pretty, I thought, but a little early.  Then I noticed that they were on sale for $4.99.







ohhh pretty, I thought, but it's just too cold yet.







then I realized that I had a coupon for $2 off any flower purchase.  Really~~how could I resist?  And they look even prettier in my milk/green glass containers!  Happy Monday y'all.

13 comments:

  1. Jojo those are bound to bring Spring. At least in your house anyway. They are beautiful. I am so glad that you treated yourself to these lovelies.
    I hope all is wonderful with you. Everything is fine in my neck of the woods.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gals
    You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the key....sales and coupons. You can always keep them indoors for a couple of weeks. :)
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful. Seeing those lovely blooms and colors makes me all the more ready for spring and believe me I am ready.

    Have a great day!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE primroses and they can take cold. They don't seem to have them back here. I love them in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish for spring everyday!! I love those flowers, so pretty!! How ya been? I am OK, just very tired of winter and snow!! I think of you daily JoJo. Keep in touch and know, ILY.

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, and yes we are still having winter. More snow tomorrow and wednesday!!! Still have a ton on the ground!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing says spring than flowers in the home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so pretty! So vibrant! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must visit us here in Vancouver. We're in the midst of the winter Olympics, and we have cherry and magnolias trees blooming, azaleas, tulips, daffodils, primroses, crocuses, even dandelions.

    It's embarrassing. :-)

    Lovely photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jojo,
    It is so nice to have a touch of spring indoors-great price too!
    Thank you for visiting me,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. JoJo, beauty at a great price. what a find! a girl after my own heart.
    <><

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...