"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A whole lot of nothing...



...I had plans...oh, I had such plans!  I was going to participate in my first ever "White Wednesday" today.  I roamed around the house for days thinking of what I would photograph and the story my 'whites' would tell.  Yep, I had big plans.

Then I lost track of time.  Me...who doesn't have a job, doesn't drive because of this stinking cast, doesn't go anywhere, who can't keep up with laundry or cooking, cleaning or playing, lost track of the days this week. 

What was that...about "intention" and "inspiration."  geesh!


google images

8 comments:

  1. I can so relate...ha! Love your photo on the top of your page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo honey you are so not alone on this! Good gosh I can not get anything done and I have nothing attached to my legs. lol
    Other than freezing my butt off and not being able to be on the internet you would think I could get something done but nope so know we can so relate to this post.
    I will be so glad when this month is over and things are back to normal whatever that is for me
    lol
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to bed last night I thought "man I feel like I'm getting nothing done these days". Hubs asks, "well what did you do today"... then I thought about it. I finished up a custom pillow, made three others (2 sachets), Let the dogs in and out 5 times and still they wanted more, a couple loads of laundry... then it hit me....

    I didn't relax enough!! Yeah.. that's it!!

    Hugs to you friend and it's okay to take a day off.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent many a long day practicing just this very elusive art. From a formerly driven-must-account-for-each-moment kinda gal, I am celebrating the joy of losing myself in a day celebrating life. Give yourself a break . . . and smile. : D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower.

    I too can relate to time slipping by, with all good intentions. Between work, kids and their homework and countless other 'chores' it is amazing how fast time can fly.

    I'm off to check out more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't seem to get much done lately, either.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...