"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, January 4, 2010

We call it a reVolution...

...I have so many things to say yet when I sit myself down to do so I am suddenly at a loss for a coherent sentence.  I feel such a disconnect lately and when I tell you that I have done nothing for the last few days it is a vast understatement.  We are on a new page (of the calendar), a new year...a new decade.  Forward we must go for the alternative is completely unacceptable to me.

I am not one for resolutions.  I rarely make them and even more rarely do I keep them.  Thus the forty ten pounds that I need to lose keep climbing, and the exercise daily three times a week has dropped to one...o.k. none.


Some people call them "resolutions," some "goals," some just don't call them anything at all.  This year I am trying something new, that I shamelessly stole from someone else (Hi Kelee), and I'm calling it "intentions."  There is a book called "The Power of Intention" by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer that I have not read yet, but intend to read this year, and writing down said intentions is a great way to keep them in the here and now.  With that in mind...here goes:


*my first and most important intention is a very personal and private one and will remain so, except to say that it involves my walk with the Lord.


* I would like to become a more friendly person.  Not that I consider myself unfriendly but I know that I can step outside of my comfort zone a little more, especially on days when I feel like crap under the weather.


* I would like to learn to live with imperfection (not the hubs) and to stop beating myself up for not only my personal imperfections but also my inability to forgive myself.


* I would love to nurture and embrace creativity.


* more...more family time, more travel, more reading, more movie-watching, more time.


* less...drama, worry, stuff.  While I am sure it will not keep me from the thrift shop I am trying to purge my home of 'stuff' and live more frugally.


there you have it in a nutshell.  The only little problem I see here is that every time I refer to my "intention" all I can think of is the road to hell is paved with good intentions!   Happy New Year y'all.




10 comments:

  1. The most candid, honest, heartfelt post I've read all year (OK...so it's only been three days~who is counting?)...

    No advise here my friend. I will only tell you that I'll gladly hang with you and encourage you during your journey.

    Personally, I think the first step to making one's life BETTER is by admitting that change is needed. You are on your way.

    Thinking of you and lifting you up the the Most High. His help is there for the taking...He's my favorite 'person' to hold hands with.

    Love to you~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It's all doable and it's all honorable. Each of those things can be done incrementally, but all tallied, could be life-changing.

    You've inspired me, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's kinda like what I said. I say either you're gonna do it or not. What's the resolution for? But there's another saying that says the road to hell is paved with good intention. Hope your January brings smiles and hugs and joy your way.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hamlet said..., (well, Shakespeare actually)
    "there is nothing either good or
    bad, but thinking makes it so."

    Intention is so important. Have a good year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intentions...I LIKE that! I have some of my own so we can support each other. I'm finding that I can do anything for 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, dear JoJo!

    Your list is so heart-felt and inspiring! I think you will be able to achieve anything that you really put your mind to! I totally understand the not feeling very friendly when you don't feel well. I have those days, too. I consider that to be one of my life challenges, and so I really try to behave kindly to everyone I meet. Not only does it make them feel better, it makes me feel better, too!

    I read Dr. Dyers book and I really enjoyed it. He also has the PBS special that used to run on that book. Maybe you could find it online? Worth reading and watching, but definitely not light reading! Take it a little bit at a time so that you have the time to absorb what he is saying. Good stuff.

    Be well and know that you will always have a cheerleader here in CA!

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK JoJo, I have been right there with you. When my Cdub lost his arm,our lives changed. We walk with the Lord and we live each day like it's the last. I promise to leave this earth and meet Jesus with a Corona and a smile! Life is way to short GF!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jojo, I definitely am right there with you on your intentions. You have some great ones here and I want to take a page from your book and purge a little more and be A LOT more frugal than I am, I too want more time for things that bring me pleasure like reading and watching great movies (and I sure as H don't want to feel guilty about it either) I'm talking about myself here and not the husband because he never tries to make me feel guilty. I do that to myself.
    I do love this idea. I've never been much of a goal setter before, because I too don't usually follow through on them.
    Jojo I hope you know how much your friendship has meant to me. You have a way of making me laugh that no one else can do. You are so real and I think we share a lot of the same humor.
    Love your list of intentions and I'm there to help you pave the road to Hell my friend. (hey they deserve to have well maintained roads too)
    hugs, big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beutiful heartfelt post. You are precious! You can do this, you will too. As for the (75) pounds to lose-- I am not thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jojo,

    I like calling our goals intentions. Yes, we intend to carry them out, but often they get lost in reality.

    Like you, I need to lose weight and I'm going to give it a good try, or at least I INTEND to give it a good try. I've been doing very well so far, but we are only five days into the New Year.

    Good luck with your intentions, my friend. Be sure to stop by my blog again and see what else we did while in Washington.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...