"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Seventy-five percent...

...I stopped off at Target yesterday, I had to.  The hubs had a prescription to pick up and since I've been stuck in this house forever, I wasn't busy I tagged along.  In case you are counting...8, eight, more days until the cast comes off or else!


I was quite surprised at how much Christmas inventory was left.  Rows and rows of all sorts of ornaments, wrap, decorations and oodles of trees...all of it 75% off.  If I was in need of a tree that would be a fantastic deal but since I was only "browsing" there was little I was interested in.  Until, I went around the next isle, the one with all the leftover Christmas food, and there it was.  The cutest little "tree" that I have seen in a long time.  In fact, the hubs has named it the "q-tip tree."  It's only about a foot tall and already decorated...





I also got this little package, it's made of metal and all wrapped up pretty with a bow...




Since tomorrow is Epiphany the real tree will be coming down and then I can get all these decorations packed up and into the rafters until next December.  Oh, and here is one more thing that is 75% off...



my daughter Lindsay and I on Christmas.  Is my head really that big???! Happy Wednesday y'all.

8 comments:

  1. That little tree is adorable! I hope these are the shortest 8 days ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jojo, I'm so glad you were able to get out of the house for a while. You did get some great bargains. Both the tree and the package are adorable.

    I'm sure you would love Washington. Just a tip if you are driving...the traffic is horrendous. We finally parked at Union Station and took cabs, which worked out well. The other alternative is public transportation such as a bus or the Metro.

    Glad you are getting your cast off soon.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing I don't have a lot of money. I'd be shopping for stuff like that all the time. LOL Or maybe not. I like going to Pet Smart. I absolutely hate Wal-Mart. I love your header. It's a very cool pic.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are funny JoJo!
    I love some 75% off sales. That tree is too cute! So is your daughter!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. You funny girl...I would have rather seen 25% off...but any is better than none at all.
    I do love your little tree.
    hugs
    hurray for cast-off day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can no longer keep the tree up until Jan. 6th. It comes down the day after Christmas.
    I'm proud of you for sticking to your convictions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new header photo is just beautiful. It's a stunning picture.

    Love the little Christmas tree. What a deal!!
    Here's to getting that cast off. Bet you can't wait. I can see why you're going stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a bargain! I finally realized that it is not a bargain if I don't need it, though. I do love the little tree, though.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...