"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, December 10, 2009

where are you Christmas...



..."why can't i find you,
why have you gone away?
where is the laughter
you used to bring me?
why can't i hear the music play?
my world is changing
i'm rearranging...
does that mean Christmas changes too?"
faith hill

i have to admit that i seem to have lost my 'cheer' lately.  i also have to admit that i am determined to figure out where it went and retrieve it post haste.  onward with some late tuesday tids...

*i got my cast off today, had a few x-rays, and promptly had the cast put back on again.

*bad x-rays, stubborn bone, four more weeks.

*should i have my tree up by now? baking? decorating? shopping?  YIKES.

*i would not be opposed to having the temps rise at least ten degrees...11 degrees at  bedtime is a little frosty for me.  and the poor hubs who gets up at 3am for work.

*i watched 'white Christmas' (the movie) and remembered why i love that era so much.  what is your favorite Christmas movie?

*and the tuesday/thursday topper?  I won a contest over at "just between me and you" last week and it arrived on monday.  Fantastic, chocolatey, smooth, sweet, super-sugar fudge.  at least that is what all my favorite foodies have told me...as of yet i have only indulged in one teeny-tiny bite.  YUM!  Thank you Maggie!

10 comments:

  1. That is such a bummer you couldn't get that darn boot/cast off for good! That fudge looks amazing. Now they are saying it "might" "possibly" snow this weekend! At least that means it will warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 degrees at bedtime! That's wayyyyy too cold and I LOVE sleeping in cold weather. Even that I couldn't handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about that cast!! Four more weeks seems like a long time.

    "It's a Wonderful Life" gets me every time, but absolutely bores the daylights out of the rest of the family. They're into "Elf" and my husband loves "Polar Express."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jojo could it be that your Christmas cheer or lack thereof is from being in a cast for so long. That would do it for me. In fact I would go stark raving mad!!!!!!!!!
    You have been so good, and I hope Santa is very, very good to you girl, because you have earned it.

    I've had Christmases that I just couldn't get into it at all. When my son was younger we had three Christmases in a row that were spent in the hospital. I kindda lost it then. You are going through a stressful time (with that foot and everything else) I'm going to send you some of my Christmas cheer today OK and a HUGE HUG. I was going to say HUGE (#@&) Hug but I thought I might get banned from blogland so I'll keep HUGE HUG!

    Now don't make me go and choose a favorite Christmas movie...I love 'em all.
    What is it with us sitting over here in this Arctic deep freeze anyway??? I can't seem to get warm either. Even peri menopausal me.
    Love ya,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard for me to pick a fav Christmas movie. But I'm inclined toward National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. But that's because it reminds me of my own family. The whole lot of them have their own little issues, but we are still one big, happy family. I love Christmas with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jojo, I'm so sorry your cast had to be put on again. It has been cold and windy with snow flurries the last two days. Right now it is 15F and feels like minus 9F. The wind has had a real bite to it both yesterday and today.

    Keep warm and congratulations on winning the delicious fudge.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOW you've made me hungry for fudge!

    Your Christmas spirit is there..it will come and envelope you soon. I'll send you some of mine.

    Take care..love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH JOJO I am so very sorry for this news. I thought of you driving home today from work wondering if you had your cast off. So hate this for you.
    11 degrees I would die. I am like your hubby and I dread it when it is below 30 but 11 is way way way tooooo cold for this Texas gal.
    You are very welcome for the fudge. I hate I sent it all in one big pan but after talking to several different people we decided it would travel better this way less chance of melting. lol
    After reading this post I doubt it would of had a chance of that.
    Anyway wish I could help you get your holidays ready. Just remember this I have no good excuse like you do and I am no where near being ready.
    Take care
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gonna be ok JoJo. Do not let your spitit be dampened! Change things up some like I do when things dont go the way I think they should. It's for a reason.
    Merry Christmas!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win! Jojo, the fudge looks divine.

    ... sorry about the cast, are you going to decorate it for Christmas? Just had to ask, chuckle! You could have some fun with it.

    Merry Christmas, TTFN ~ Marydon
    ~~NEW BLOG~~ blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...