"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, November 2, 2009

We interrupt this edition of Tuesday's tids...


...I stole borrowed this idea from Kim's site.  I read about it yesterday and thought "great idea, I think I'll steal use it too."

November is the month in which we normally sit down to a huge Turkey dinner and go around the table each of us giving thanks for something in our lives.  It's an easy thing to do in the Spirit of the day but how often do we give thanks  on a regular basis.  I mean really dig down and be grateful for the little things. 

I have to admit, I'm pretty much a 'Gratitude' girl.  I often count my Blessings and try to live a quiet little life of  Faith and Gratefulness.  That doesn't mean that I can't do better though.


So for the month of November  I also, with Kim and the rest, will be giving Thanks on a daily basis.  And hopefully next week I will be back to my usual Tuesday shenanigans.


Day 1:  I missed yesterday so I'll do two today...I am grateful for the gift of November and it's thirty days to love, learn, teach, grieve, remember, laugh.
Day 2:  I give thanks today that the Phillies won...damn Yankees!

7 comments:

  1. Alright, JJ!!! Isn't this kind of a neat thing to do? It just makes me feel kind of good. I'll be here everyday to see what you're thankful for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...I followed your lead, stole your idea and posted a thankful tid on my site as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girly...I'm on the floor this time, Jo Jo! HYSTERICAL!

    I personally LOVE those D-Yankees!

    Do you hate me now? Say it isn't so!

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your 'thankfuls' how sweet, I might have to start doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Red Sox girl so I'm with you JoJo. My boys of summer will be back next year and i'm counting the days.

    Grattitude list are wonderful. Spiritual or not, they are great to create!!

    Hugs to you today.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. um I like this, good idea. I am thankful to walk, (sort of) and am thankful that things are working out, and that the hunny has plenty of handyman work to do, our bills are getting paid, my library orders books for me that I actually want to read, and...and....and....I am thankful for you JoJo.

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...