"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today and Everyday...



...with profound gratitude we honor you.  On this day we thank you for our Freedom, for your sacrafice.  Blessed be your Guidance, and pray your steps will lead you home.


on another note:
To say that blogging has been difficult this week would be a huge injustice to "difficult."  Each day leading up to November 14th bears it's own particular grief.  Memories envelope me and rivers of tears flow uncontrollably. And in the midst of all that pain there is a joy.  A mother's joy...of carrying her child and sharing herself with him for nine months...and the beauty and pain of birth.  Getting him here safely into the world.  The cries, the struggles, the tears, and the joy.  Shared happines with no idea of what is to come.

I have not forgotten my gratitude list, I have many, many things to add to it, and I will try to do that soon.  

12 comments:

  1. hugsssssss I can not begin to imagine the pain... more hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you for your service. Remember, Applebee's is giving you a free meal today. Just bring a piece of ID that shows you served, or a picture of you in your uniform, your DD 214, or something that shows you served. God bless you all!

    Outback is also giving the 'bloomin onion' to our veterans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you is just not enough for those who have served!

    Peace be with you my friend.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let God wrap you in his arms this month and comfort you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jojo, a beautiful tribute to all our brave...thank you.
    My heart is with you this month as you honor this anniversary of joy and pain.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you, Jojo. Hugs~

    God bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painful memories...God bless you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a veteran of the war in Iraq, and I still serve in the reserves. I have one brother who served in the army in Iraq, and aonther brother who served with the National Guard in Afghanistan. The one who went to Afghanistan is going to see a Navy recruiter today. Thank you for that post on Veteran's Day. It means a lot. Still praying for your comfort this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and bittersweet, dear heart.

    I noticed the Hibel picture in your profile photo! I love Edna Hibel and I have been a collector for years. Great choice!

    Hugs and love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jojo
    Thank you for remembering Veterans day and posting about it. I had intended to and regret I did not.
    Also appreciate you stopping by again and leaving me a sweet comment.
    I hope you don't mind but I was wondering how long you have had type 1 diabetes. You know my little Kaci has it and my oldest son Chad her Uncle.
    Also I am so sorry you are having a hard month.
    Let me know what I can do to help you
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend, I am not aware of your full story, but it doesn't seem difficult to put the pieces together from your past couple of posts. I pray that God's warm and healing hands hold you in his grip of comfort and continue to give you strength and joy through those who are near and memories of those who you eagerly wait to see again. With whole gratitude to those who have served for our liberty and for a better life for those in need.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...