"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Que Sera, Sera...


...lately I have been perusing many DIY blogs and blogs that feature crafts, gifts, and home decor on a no or low budget.  My, there are a lot of talented people out there!  I have been having fun, getting great ideas, but as of yet I have not attempted any of them.  I hope soon to be able to share some of this goodness with you.  I have my craft/dressing/ironing/wii playing/ room all ready to go...I just need to get in there and get started.   By the way, that lovely pumpkin my husband put together last week was an idea I found while looking around the DIY. 
One that I thought was fun and interesting is a site for Home Goods.  We don't have their stores here so I don't know what to compare it to, but they had a little on-line test to help you find your 'style.'  It was pretty funny but spot on when I took it.  So here's the link...check it out and let me know what your style is.   

HomeGoods StyleScope - I'm an Earthy Casual









Today, while doing laundry, I was visited by a sweet memory.  In it I am not very old, maybe 3 or 4 years.  I am in the car with my mother, it's a sunny day and we have the windows rolled down, wind blowing in our hair.  I am in the front seat. Remember these were the days of no car seats or seat belts, when we slowed down or came to a stop light my mum would put her arm out across the seat to keep us from flying through the windshield.
In this memory we are driving/riding along in the sunshine and cool breeze singing at the top of our lungs..."Que Sera, Sera" with Doris Day.  It is a joyous memory, one that I cherish as I have so few of my mum.
I called my brother for verification hoping it was true.  He told me that not only was it true but that he used to beg my parents to let him stay home when we went places as he knew, as soon as we got in the car, I would start belting out my favorite song.
Thanks Mum for a sweet, sweet memory today.

7 comments:

  1. yesterday was a good mom day.... i had a great conversation with mine .... HUGS and i so recall days of no seat belts... and riding across the state in the back of the pick up truck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo, I used to sing that song! Thanks for the memory.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and signing up for the yummy chocolate giveaway. You were the first so that should count for more entries right. Good Luck
    I noticed your favorite movie The House of Sand and Fog. I loved the book. Still think of it now and then I guess it is calling me to read it again.
    Thanks for joining my site and I will put you on my favorites list
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jojo,
    A sweet memory for sure. I hope my children will look back someday and say, "I remember when mom and I were..."
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what sites you are accessing. Right up my alley. I have turned into an HGTV freak...every afternoon will catch me watching from 1-3. I love Design on a Dime and Color Splash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely memory of your mother. It was so much fun driving back then...no seat belts and all four windows down. We used to call that 4 and 40 air conditioning. LOL

    I sang that to the boys last year and they had a fit. Said I was old fashioned. LOL

    Wishing you a great weekend. Thanks for the memories.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...