"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the bitter and the sweet...


...while this is a re-post from a couple years ago, and though I am not literally walking down these lovely Fall roads, the sentiment remains the same.



November's lonely roads...


...it was a cool, crisp, clear Autumn day here today so we got out of the house and took a little walk to the river.                      

I welcome  every other month of the year with joy and anticipation of what will come.  Not so, with November.  I feel nothing less than trepidation wrapped up in it's thirty days.

November holds days of incredible joy, family celebrations and anniversaries.  November  holds a day of unspeakable, unbearable, heart-wrenching, soul-bleeding grief.  The day my life as I knew it...stopped.  A day that holds a child's death. My firstborn son.
I know what to expect these next few weeks, I have been doing it far too long now.  I know the days will feel long, and the darkness will be heavy and deep.  I know the sadness and the searing anger will be burdensome.  But in the end, I know, there will be light and a baby's cry for his mama in my heart.

Wishing you sunshine for your soul, laughter for your heart, and peaceful November days...

10 comments:

  1. Oh JJ...there just are not words to tell you how sorry I am about the loss of your baby boy. Although this is not the first time I've written of it in your guestbook, there never will be adequate words.

    I have been such a bad blogger/commenter, and I'm blaming it on Facecrack and school. :) Hopefully you'll continue to be a forgiving pal and know that just because I'm lacking in the comments, I haven't forgotten you, nor will I ever. Right when ya least expect it, I pop in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Jojo,

    A precious posting this morning. Losing a child is probably the worst thing that can happen to a parent. I've never lost one, but my mom did. She said it was the worst pain possible. I have an older sister in Heaven that I'll get to meet someday.

    Blessings to you, today, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drove through Washington state several times as a truck driver. In fact, I drove for Swift, and I think they have a terminal in Sumner. It's such a beautiful state. I hope you find your peace this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know this pain JoJo. I cannot even imagine it. But I will pray for peace for you and hug my boy a little tighter. (((hugs to you)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{{JoJo}}}} we all love you friend. I can't pretend to understand as I have not lost a child. But I have had very personal loss. There are no words I can give you only prayers of comfort for you. Hugs and love friend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dark days of remembering a child whose laughter no longer tickles my earthly ears comes with the full brightness of Spring-into-Summer around here. I know of what you write . . . and feel.

    That ache never washes completely away, but can be wrapped in God's loving care and nurtured into something special in our life (though I fear a lifetime be not enough time to wash away all the pain even as the "specialness" blossoms -- hence, I need God every step of the way to carry on).

    You are in my prayers, kindred friend.

    XO ~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, sweet JoJo I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you my dear friend...I can identify with your pain. My hard month is March for that is when my youngest daughter passed. You will be in my thoughts and prayers dear lady. Thank you for the precious words you left on my blog. Don't forget there are those of us who love you and care and we will be thinking of you and praying that you find peace and strength to carry you through the heavy, dark times. Leaving you lots of warm hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...