"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, November 7, 2009

ketchup...




...the've been calling it the "Big Nasty" on the news.  I just call it miserable...we've had over four inches of rain since yesterday evening.  There is a carpet of leaves where my yard and garden used to be, and all the drain ponds are overflowing.  Just a miserable rainy day, one of many, many more to come.

Days like these often cause me to slow down and think. Some times they make me melancohly.  They make me hungry too!  It's the carb craving, dark days of hibernation.  Napping is my new favorite hobby =)  Have you had trouble adjusting to the time change and the darker days?




how many times did you
laugh yesterday?
if you were too busy
to laugh,
to busy for
joy,
then you were
too busy.

being grateful today for laughter.  The best of times are celebrated with laughter, the worst of times can be momentarily lighter with laughter.  To hear the sounds of laughter is to hear pure joy, especially the laughter of your children.  On this Sunday, make some time for laughter...lighten your heart...feel the joy.  


7 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTER!! Laughing is required in my home or I'll go hunt it down. :) I like the rainy days more and more. I love the sun too but the rain lately has passified me. Probably due to side effects and not being able to get to far from home... yet. Yeah, that's it. Hugs and love Jojo. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jojo, Always a good thing to remember. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
    Hope the rain stops soon. Wish it would come out to California. We need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter is good! Going back to the regular time is not! I hate it when it gets dark so early. I know the sun will come up, so I don't mind the dark in the morning, but all I want to do is go to bed at night.

    Our wet spell is done for awhile. That is good, because the farmers can get into the fields! Lots of corn and beans being cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you have this weather now. Last week we had nothing but rain, come to think of it, we had rain for weeks and weeks.
    Why is it that darkness brings out the carb attack in us? And oh, I gained two pounds from all that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. to hear one little 6 month old boy laugh can brighten the world :) and thank God this kid loves to laugh! HUGSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent the weekend scrapbooking with some fantastic women. We laughed so hard and so often I almost peed my pants!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...