"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, November 23, 2009

As time goes by, the countdown begins...




The Pilgrims made
seven times more graves than houses.
no Americans have been
more impoverished than these who,
nevertheless,
set aside a day of thanksgiving.
H.U. Westermayer

...if the pilgrims, who spent days digging graves while their houses lay unbuilt, can take the time to be grateful then I, who sometimes gets lost in self-pity, anger, resentment, then I...I must be grateful.

The next few days will be busy ones as we prepare for the coming together of our family and friends to celebrate and give thanks. 

 Tomorrow, I will take a walk in the woods and see what gifts mother nature has for me to use in my holiday centerpiece. 

I will find Gratitude in this day and look for 'gifts' that I often take for granted.  Sending you the peace and joy that can only come from being grateful.



6 comments:

  1. We really do have so much to be thankful for, don't we! As has been said, if we wake up in the morning with a roof over our heads, food in the kitchen, clean running water, and some dollars in our pocket, we are better off than 98% of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful idea for decorating, nature always has the best colors for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojo this is a wonderful post! I will be thinking of you gathering your pretties from nature while I am busying myself with Thanksgiving prep as well.
    Hugs to you dear friend, and have a wonderful T-day!
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post JoJo!
    I am so thankful for so so many things!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you can walk in the woods and do that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that is a wonderful, sobering quote. We are so blessed, aren't we? And we seldom act grateful for it. I may have to use this on my own blog this week if you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...