"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday's tids...

...the up all night edition.

we live in a rural area.  Behind our house is a power company easement, usually well taken care of. Behind that is a two lane road and across the street from there is farm land.  So  when I saw a sign the other day stating that there would be road work this week from 8-4, I naturally assumed they meant day time hours.  NO...it's 8pm to 4am.  

I have two doctor appointments this week.  One is at 7:15 am and the other at 7:20 am, on different days.  These are pre-op appointments (not to worry) so I had no control over the time but...sheeesh!  

It's been a long time since I have been up and out by 7am, fully dressed and coherent. In fact, I wasn't sure there was a 7am until the hubs reminded me.

So, what's new with you this Tuesday?

looking forward to a nap,
mama pajama

11 comments:

  1. oh my this got my funny bone... not ever sure there was a 7 am... i so can relate LOL love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of mean-spirited doctor would even consider having appts at that time? And what kind of crazy business would schedule construction near someone's house during the night? Okay, now I'm in a bad mood on your behalf. Thanks for letting me blame it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say I was up and dressed at 7am, but I am up to great my grandson in my pj's. I refer to my pj's as my uniform! I have lots of uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy time for construction! I hope to see you napping on the sofa all day. Hope all is OK with you .
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate. I had a 7 AM meeting today, and, well, ugh! Thanks for your prayers and thought for our niece, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy times for doctors appointments and construction! But I do like getting up early.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my! that must have been shocking to realize the road work was at night; that happens a lot down here on the freeways where the crews work evenings with less traffic

    good luck with your upcomng procedures

    I'm an early bird so I'm up most mornings at before 5 a.m. to get to the gym :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so with you on not being sure there was a 7 a.m. unless I was up all night long... But I must say I always tried to schedule dentist appointments as early as I could so I wouldn't have to think about it all day...

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a morning person, well and an evening person too if something fun is going on.
    I am at my coffee group by 7:00 a.m. every morning Monday - Friday. I don't have to get up in the morning either. How nuts is that.
    The up side to the early appt. is that maybe you won't have to wait forever in the waiting room to actually see the doctor.
    That is if he/she gets their sorry butts out of bed to make it to the office by 7 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness! I don't even like getting up (and dressed and coherent as you said) for a 9:00 appointment!! Yikes and you have 2early ones in one week! Since you mention pre-op, I'm assuming it's at the hospital (blood work, x-rays) and not a doctor's office. And we all know hospital personnel start early,but at least there will be no waiting.

    We had road work all summer. Too noisy. And the detours! But, I don't envy you road work all night! How do they see in the dark? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a morning person either Jojo so I empathize!
    I do have a DH who IS an EMP-but he has learned [most of the time] to be gentle with me before I am fully conscious & have my coffee in hand!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...