"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, October 12, 2009

Summer's last hurrah....


It was warm and sunny here Saturday and then, that evening, you could feel the cold, crisp air moving in.  The temps dipped down into the 20's and the flowers cried.  Luckily I had snapped a few last pics of them as they faded away until next year.  I miss summer already!

We went up to my son's place on Saturday to check on a few things while they are out of town.  We grabbed some fish and chips and a coffee drink and sat out on their lanai (we usually just call it a porch or deck but 'lanai' sounds so civilized)  overlooking Puget Sound.  It was a lovely afternoon and we had a great time.  And,  just in case you were wondering or worried...NO...I did not toss my cookies again!  Have a great day y'all!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful...absolutely beautiful!!

    Happy Monday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful... sounds like funa dn so glad you were not sick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty flowers? Dahlia's? I will be painting these, I can tell you! That is, if I ever get my paints out again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think someone is thinking 'tropical' ... hmmmmm!?

    My niece said it had chilled down in Olympia ...

    The flowers are gorgeous. Ours are waning in the cooler temps but no frost yet.

    Have a wonderful crisp autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great shots JoJo. I miss summer too. I am so not a winter person.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pics are beautiful! I envy you having a lanai to sit on overlooking Puget Sound. Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those flowers are sooo pretty! what vibrant colors! sounds like a nice evening you had over at son's and so thankful everything (meaning stomach) stayed right where it should be

    hopefully you'll get a bit of an Indian summer down the way to catch a few more summer-like days in the coming weeks

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jojo, those are some beautiful flower shots!! Flowers are gone here, and we have had several frosts. I miss summer too!! We should all move to where there's always flowers around and warm temps. Wouldn't that be fun? We could be next door neighbors!! That would be so cool!! OK, back to reality, they are calling for possible snow flurries here this week sometime, UCK!!!
    Glad you enjoyed your dinner on the "lanai". I had never heard that term until I started watching HGTV.
    Glad that you didn't toss your cookies. I am having tht test in a few weeks to check on my gastroparesis. It's where you eat something radioactive and they watch how fast it takes to go thru the stomach. Fun, huh?
    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. If we were to move anywhere else it would probably be Washington State. Things just seem greener and more lush there but, alas, we will probably never leave California.
    Lovely photos, lovely flowers.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I noticed your weather while I was waiting for Idahos to be shown. It looks like we will both be getting some rain. All week, our lows have been in the 20's. Too cold too early!
    Hugs,
    June
    Keep a coat handy.lol

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...