"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, October 18, 2009

PSA...


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you've got 'em, go get 'em squished! At the very least do your monthly self-exam. You can make a difference. We must do all we can to save second base ;)


p.s. on the p.s.a...
everything went well with the hammer surgery.  I am up, walking around...well that's not true, mostly I'm sleeping with it elevated but I could be up if I wasn't so darned sleepy.  Thanks for all your concern y'all!

mama pajama

8 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see your sweet comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Don't be a stranger, I look forward to getting to know you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you pain free? Thats all that is important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. November 10 my girls get their pictures taken. Hope your heal quickly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you're doing well. Foot surgery is fun isn't it. Did they send you home with a strong pain killer? You sound like you're doing a bit too well for 2 days out. That's a good thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it went well and that you'll be racing around in no time. OK...OK...I'll go get 'em squished!
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne, are we related, lol. I am also a new mother in law to a wonderful new daughter in law, also have two sons..finally a girl in the family!

    I also have some serious health issues,nothing like yours, but i have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue so constant pain..

    We lived in WA state for a short time, last year, just west of Olympia, my mom's family is from there, i have lots of cousins..we are now back home in Southern CA.

    Oh and we have a dalmatian named GRACIE. and a lab mix named India and a dachshund named Halo.

    Wanted to say hi Joanne, you and I sound like we could become good friends!
    Barb
    http://dogmomdiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jo! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. I'm having a ball reading all of your notes. Made my day!

    And yes, I get my mammos every year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad everything went well and hope you are feeling better soon.

    I get mine squished every two years, as directed by my doctor. Just had it done in September and all is well. Thanks for the reminder.

    Wishing you a great week.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...