"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, October 30, 2009

I get by...

...with a little help from my friends.


After what seemed to be a trying last few weeks I was pleasantly surprised to find my mailman bearing a package addressed to me.

At first I did not recognize the return name and address, often fellow bloggers don't use their real name, and it took me a moment to realize that it was from Karen-Deborah from Fresh Fixins.



I couldn't wait to tear open gently unwrap the beautiful sage green tissue paper...my favorite color by the way.  Inside I was delighted to find two books...Rose from Brier by Amy Carmichael and Mrs. Whaley and Her Charleston Garden by Emily Whaley.  Alongside these two reads was a lovely box of 'Earl Gray Lavender Tea.'  How did she know how much I love tea?  There were even a few goodies stashed in there too!  And...a beautiful card.  Thank you KD, your friendship means the world to meand your thoughtful gift could not have come at a better time.

lovin' my bloggy friends,
mama pajama 

12 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift and friend you have, jojo :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arent blogging buddies just the best! That was very sweet! But then so are you JoJo! Enjoy your weekend.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a surprise to get a package in the mail, especially one as awesome as that one! You have some treasures there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you came by to visit. Sorry to hear it been a rough time lately but isn't it wonderful how caring our blogger friends are! What a nice suprise to lift your spirits.

    LOVE the print of the little girl in the previous post. She is just adorable.
    Hugs
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaah! How sweet. : D

    I LOVE both of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful surprise! Don't we meet the most wonderful friends in blogland?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ladies must be very generous as my daughter won something in September! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just a little happy, you have been going through a lot. A whole blog post? Geez I'm blushing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really nice. If you told me when I was growing up that I'd be blogging when I was, ahem, older....that word didn't even exist! Who knows what's coming up in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jojo,
    Isn't this wonderful of your sweet friend! I think I know what you'll be doing this weekend.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice. It's always uplifting to get a surprise!!! Is that Charleston, SC in that book? Did you know I was from Charleston, SC? I lived there 42 years before coming to Ohio. It's a beautiful city.
    ILy

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...