"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Frames...

...I have been hell-bent lately on my quest for picture frames.  I have a project in mind for one of my 'girls' and so I search, and search, and search for the perfect frame.  It doesn't have to be new, so my search includes thrift shops, it doesn't matter what is in the frame, as long as the glass is intact.  I have a picture in my mind of the frame and I will know it when I see it but as of yet that has not happened.

As the hubs was waiting for a prescription last week I wandered next door to an Antique Mall.  You know the kind, vendors set up their booths all under one big roof.  It is a treasure hunters paradise and I could lose myself in there for hours at a time.  Once again, I was on the look-out for the frame, I came across a box on the floor near a booth.  It was rather dusty and after some sneezing and yucking about my hands getting dirty I pulled out a frame.  This frame:



with this beautiful cutie inside.  Take a closer look at her...



There is something about this painting that deeply touches me.  Maybe it's the red-headed girl, maybe it's the rain, or the pink hooded-jacket. 


This is a painting by Edna Hibel, one of America's best loved and most widely acclaimed contemporary artists.  Major museums and galleries in London, Vienna, Monaco, Rio, Germany, Belgium, Israel, Sweden and Norway.  Her gentle and penetrating message of Peace, Love and the inalienable dignity of humanity has won her a devoted following. Painter, scuptor, and porcelain artist...(from the back of the painting).

Now are you ready for this?  I found and fell in love with this little sweetie immediately and just knew I had to have her for my very own.  It didn't matter who had painted it or when or where...I needed her to come live in my home. And so she did...for $6.  

loving the thrifting,
mama pajama

13 comments:

  1. BRAVA... what a find!!! I too would taken her home. Matter of fact, she would look wonderful in my craft room when it's done. :0~)

    she is indeed worth every single penny. Enjoy her.

    did you find a second frame for dd? Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to find this sweet little girl in such a beautiful frame. Why would someone give it away?.., for only $6.00. This must have been your lucky day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!!!!!!!! shes just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful! I was just reading your profile and we have so much in common...coffee, used books, thrift stores...and being the middle child! :) Thanks for the visits to my blog. I bet Washington is beautiful this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Jojo, I'll give you seven and she can come live with me.lol This is a lovely painting and I love that she is all in pink! It's great that hubs had to wait for his meds or you may have never happened upon her. Me thinks it was meant to be!
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne:

    I am so glad you found her! She is touching.
    These finds are how life sends us messages and encouragement.

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite the find! I love the piece as well. Gret find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'd have bought it for the pink & red-hair ... it is such a
    sweet pic. Great find! It was meant to be ... that you popped in when you did, she was waiting for you.
    Have a beautiful weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great find indeed! I also love thrift stores, it's always an adventure when you walk in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an ADORABLE little lady. I would have scooped her up and headed homebound, as well. That was a fine $6 investment. : D

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a find!! And she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. JoJo, I just came across this post. I think I might have told you before that I collect Hibels. I have plates, prints, and even a couple of artist proofs which are signed and drawn on by Edna Hibel, herself.

    This is a wonderful find! And it is worth much more than $6.00! Enjoy it. It is beautiful!

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...