"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday's tids...



According to Eastern Medicine, joy is the emotion associated with the heart. It has long been observed that happy-go-lucky people are less likely to develop heart disease, and science confirms this.

One study shows that one in five patients with coronary heart disease comes from the population of the severely depressed.

Take steps to "practice" joy in your daily life, and it will expand naturally. Let joy fill your heart and your heart will gladden your health. Happy Heart, Happy Health...

"Secrets of Longevity"

with a happy heart,
mama pajama

7 comments:

  1. wonderful JoJo, words I do try to live by

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly believe that happiness is a choice, but sometimes I forget what I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you need controlled substances to make it happen, I am all about that too.
    Depression sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in total agreement about this; it's all about that great, unbridled joy and allowing yourself to feel it.

    I've been depressed, but I've also experienced moments of such complete joy that make up for those other times. And it's also like a gift that keeps on giving, because you remember it!

    I have known some people who seem to be complete strangers to joyous moments, and I'm always tempted to ask them what it would take for them to experience it. They should, because they're just not that fun to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jojo for the reminder. I loved this post. What a great blogger you are!!

    ILY
    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe I love the responses as much as the article. That's why in our house, we laugh. We must or we'd go plum crazy with the hardships we go through. I'm so glad I married my best friend. It makes it easier. Tammy... sending hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so believe this to be true. One of the most joyous days ever, is when the veil of clinical depression is finally lifted just enough, to let happiness back into one's heart.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...