"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, August 7, 2009

They called her T-Tee...

Today is my mothers Birthday. She's been gone so long now that I hardly remember her except for pictures. Her smile and laugh are absent from my memory, her voice when I answered the phone "Hi Hon..," gone.

She was a fiery red-head in every sense of the word and in every sense of that word I am her daughter.

To say I miss her does not do justice to the ache I have in my heart. I think of her every day of my life. I remember her last Birthday and how happy she was to have turned one of those big "0" milestone days....then she was gone, and I have never been the same.

I know, in my heart, that she is dancing in Heaven with my Pop, with my lost son Matthew in her arms, while Frank Sinatra sings "Fly Me to the Moon," and "The Summer Wind." Her children and grand-children are but a thought away, just as she is to us. i lOve YoU mOM.

9 comments:

  1. Don't we all, who have lost their moms, wish we had another day with them? Please, those of you who still have the privilege of having your parents, call them and tell them you love them.

    I miss my mom every day too. She died in 2002, but faded away from us for the previous 8 years from Alzheimer's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still one of the lucky ones JoJo to still have my mom.
    I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious sweet friend.

    I love your thoughts on heaven...

    May today bring you peace. Thank you for sharing with all of us!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, so sweet . . . *sniff*sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This last scare of my Mom in the hospital with heart problems really made me realise she will not be here forever. She lives in SC and me in Ohio so due to finanaces, I don't see her often. I always smile when I hear her voice. In October will be the 1st anniversary of my sister's passing. Your blog was wonderful today JoJo. Thanks for sharing your feelings.

    I hope that your pain goes away soon and you will be better. I too, am having a bad week.
    Remember.. ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss her too!!!!!!! and Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your Mom (belatedly), JJ.

    You know that I know how you feel. Losing your Mom is another one of those things that a person just does not "move past." You feel the loss every day, but especially on special days like birthdays. I still remember the sound of my Mom's voice and her laugh, but I find I have to try harder to hear it in my mind, and that scares me. When she first died, the thing that scared me most was not being able to remember the sound of her voice. I hoope that never happens.

    Anything that Frank sings is just fine with me--oh, be still my heart!!!--but "Fly Me To The Moon" and "Summer Wind" are my two favorites. I like your Mom; a fiery redhead who likes Frank. Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. JoJo, I feel for your loss. Loosing my mom at such young age all I have is the snapshots in my mind to keep to myself. I can see her ruby red lipstick and her timex silver watch on her wrist. Always in a dress. Always full of hugs.

    I feel for you.

    I hope you find comfort today in your memories. Hugs friend. Tammy

    ps.. I have a worthwhile award on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. H Jojo,
    Such a beautiful post about your mother. I'm sure she is looking down on you with love in her heart for you this very moment.
    Time is taking my mother from me as well and time will take me from my children eventually. We must show love with what time we have left.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...