"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer breeze...

...has been blowing in here all day bringing with it the boisterous sounds of thunder and the downpour of rain. It passes by only to have the sunshine again leave the crisp clean smell of newly washed laundry.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments left on my Birthday. It was so heart-warming and uplifting to read them all. Remember, to be entered for the Birthday Surprise , leave a comment on the original post and we'll throw your name in the 'hat' or 'bowl' for a chance to win.

I had a very nice day. Aside from all your well-wishes I heard many more from my family and friends. Enough to carry me until the next birthday I'm sure! The hubs made a super-packed-to-the-brim-with-fresh-veggies-pizza and it was delish! (this has become his specialty recently, even hand-making the dough). Later we went out for a coffee drink and a little chocolate to celebrate. You can't celebrate without chocolate...you can try, but there would be no fun it it...believe me.

Our families will soon all be getting together for one big ol' August birthday blowout and there will be yet more celebrating and gifts. Celebrating the birth of a new life...isn't that what it is all about?

in a chocolate haze,
mama pajama

13 comments:

  1. Yummm pizza on your birthday great but wheres the cake ;-) Yes, I am ready for the rain to move on too! It's great for the grass and plants but it's about to kill Rudey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Boo...I'm sorry I missed your B-Day!!! So...Happy belated birthday just the same my friend!

    Hope today is as special as your most special day. Thinking of you and praying for a blessing!

    Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very veggy Birthday..., and, of course, CHOCOLATE. There is no really celebration without Chocolate.

    Take care and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear your day was great!! happy happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful day! YEA! Birthdays are supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awh that sounds just perfect! Love home made pizza and dough gets easier and easier as you get used to handling it. It's very therapeutic. of course chocolate, good rich dark creamy melt in your mouth,YES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never have too many birthday celebrations! (Or too much homemade pizza -- YUMMY!)
    My sister celebrates the entire month of her birth. She's making up for some serious feelings of deprivation when we were kids (read: poor without good parties, I guess). I applaud any reason to sing and dance for JOY.

    Happy UNbirthday to you, dear Jo Jo (and to me too) -- let's CELEBRATE with a smile! : D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear oh dear ... I missed your birthday. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

    Birthdays are a start to a renewed year, a new year for fresh ideas, new challenges and more achievements. Likewise, the rain comes to wash away the impurities before we start anew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry I'm late, but Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with chocolate (I agree with you - without it, what's the point??) and loved ones. You deserve only the best.

    Now, thanks to you, I must go and Youtube that Summer Breeze song(..makes me feel fine, flowing with the jasmine in my miiiiiind...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is what its all about!!!!!!!!!!

    love your new wallpaper!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no I missed it! Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...