"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Leonidas...

If you've ever been to New York or London, and you are a certified chocoholic, then you know Leonidas. Leonidas imports fine Belgium chocolates from Brussels for our fine chocolate needs. (I am trying to fit 'chocolate" in here as many times as possible so you may comprehend the fineness of this treat!) They have an online catalog that you can order from but the absolute best way to get it is to go there yourself. In my case, since it is unlikely that I will be traveling to New York, the best way to score some of this amazing (no sugar added, and I'm pretty sure there a no calories either) (no, really..I checked) chocolate is to find yourself an amazing best friend, from New York, who travels there regularly, and makes a special trip to Madison Avenue to bring back for me this lovely goodness. Yeah, friendship does have it's benefits. Thanks Carrie...


9 comments:

  1. I love the Belegium seahell chocolates..yummie I can't eat a whole one they are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be honest here Jojo and tell you I don't think my palette would know the difference between a tootsie roll and fine chocolate. It only knows IT wants chocolate. :) Hugs friend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm....chocolate! I think my favorite that I can get here is Riesen's. They are a wonderful candy. Wonderful dark chocolate covering a wonderful caramel. I need (?) want, chocolate everyday! Just thinking about it makes me wish they had chocolate cheerios!

    Enjoy your special chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Belgium makes the best chocolate in the world. It reminds me when my family took a trip to Europe almost 10 years ago. We were in Antrerp sitting is a lovely, charmig coffee house. We orderd coffee while the kids had "belgium waffles". The presentation was amazing.
    Our coffee arrived in a lovely cup on a small silver tray. One tiny cup for cream, one for whipped cream, and two lovely pieces of their best chocolates!
    I tried and tried to find these trays so I could duplicate the coffee experience at home, but could not find those trays.
    thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds delish.... have never heard of them before however...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a friend with (chocolate)benefits!

    Mmmm...chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. chocolate is often my best friend :)

    haven't tried this variety, but I'll have to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of it, but I do know and adore chocolate. Now I want some!! You are lucky to have a chocolate friend. I don't have one :(

    When you savor on one, think of me and enjoy!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...