"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's a small world after all...

...you will be cussin' me all day for that one!

When I started this blog I had no idea where it would lead me. My world, at that time, had become very small. Disability will do that to a person. Once you wear the badge of 'disability' you might as well become invisible. Suddenly family and friends fall by the wayside and your world consists of the few that remain and all the 'new' doctor friends that you now have. So delving into the bloggy world was my way of seeking out contact with the world. I never dreamed it would lead to this.

My blog didn't start out with a specific purpose except to be a place where I could vent, and occasionally I do. But even that does not feel 'right' to me, I was taught to not complain and to do so even in an anonymous way feels wrong. So I started searching and I found that there are so many blogs out there with one thing in mind. Here's a little of what I've found:

Gardening blogs are fantastic. As a wanna-be vegetable/English garden grower I have come across so many helpful hints. Did you know that you can plant tomatoes in cages, upside down, or my personal favorite, dig a hole and fill it with fish heads and then plant the seedling. You can grow corn on good days and bad days. You can plant by the light of the moon or the depth of the tides. Flower gardens look best when planted in all one color...especially white. Sunflowers move their faces with the sun...I guess that's where they get their names. Maybe I should have a gardening blog.

Cooking blogs oh my, my. I have found some of the best recipes and the most wonderful photography. (don't even get me started on photography blogs!) I have learned to slow-cook and quick grill. How to take all those freshly grown vegetables and herbs and make healthy, fragrant dishes with them. How to bake the most fabulous cupcakes and roll out fondant into little decorations. Maybe I should have a cooking/cake decorating blog.

DIY blogs are my latest obsession. I love the thrill of the thrift store find and the agony of sandpapering. I have learned that you can paint ANYTHING. And did you know there are 4,593 shades of white? Do you know what fat quarters are? I just love saying that: fat quarters, fat quarters, fat quarters...but I digress.

Blogs have saved me, made me feel alive again, make me less invisible for awhile. And for all the fun they can be they are serious business too. I have met so many wonderful people who deal with illness and imperfection every single day. And they do it with Grace and their indomitable spirit. Despite a deck that is stacked against them that is both cruel and unfair. We find support and comfort in each other. We may not all suffer from the same diseases but we all have a common thread.

There is a thread that connects all of us bloggers, a thread of hope, of laughter, of friendship. I don't know where this blog is headed but I can't wait for the journey to begin...

Oh the places you will go....

have a good week,
mama pajama

16 comments:

  1. yes yes yes and yes :) glad i found your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.

    Wonder what label my wiener blog falls under?? :)

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post JoJo, and yes I agree with everything. This world of blogging sure fills a lot of voids in my life. I am totally blessed and so happy I have found all my blogging buddies. It truly is a small wonderful world. (I didn't know of your difficulties till I read, you are an inspiration to us too girlfriend!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blogs, and sometimes I love blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious writing, Jo Jo!

    There is much to offer and much to learn out in Blogland. So happy to have met you and hear about the changes in your life...

    God is good. All the time.

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jojo, GREAT blog today! Now if you didn't start a blog, I would have never met you!! So glad that I have. You are a true inspiration to me. Yes, I so understand the disabled thing. Seems people think your IQ lowered to half of what it is when you get labeled "disabled". I hate it!! When you use a power chair because you can't walk, it even lowers more and people must think people in wheel chairs are deaf also. LOL. Thanks for the blog today. I loved it. I need to blog myself.

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. I collect some of the feedsacks, others we sell.

    Love your blog categories ... there are so many diverse avenues & people to meet & enjoy & form true bonds of love/friendship/knowlege with. Isn't it wonderful.

    I am curious tho, I have CHF (cardiac heart failure) also but the new fan-dangled resynchronization pacemaker saved my life, just new on the market when they installed it on me. Do you have one?

    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I agree completely! This was so eloquent, heartfelt, and TRUE!

    I'm still thanking the Lord that you wandered over to my blog, dropped a sweet comment, and let me follow you back here.

    I love meeting new people and yet . . . my life assets restrict that in so many ways. Blogging to the rescue. It's a great new community that is growing from the virtual to the real as our friendships blossom and create a greater agoura for all to greet, meet, and SHARE! I love it! The impact is amazing and so valuable.

    I'm onboard with you. So far the view is fabulous and the journey wonderful -- and the food? Oh the FOOD!!! Yummy! I can't wait to see what's up ahead.

    Keep sharing. : D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marydon,
    so far they are treating my congestive heart failure with medications and dietary restrictions. I don't, as yet, have a pacemaker.
    Thanks for the concern..;p

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, I'm a little late to the party, but I still have to say...what a beautiful post. And, you have it exactly right...at least, in my opinion you do! I don't really know what my blog is all about, either; all I know is, it changes all the time. And all of these wonderful blogs that I read, including yours? Incredible. Such a group of wonderful, caring blogger friends I have found, that have made my life richer in ways to numerous to mention. That, in itself, is enough! I just love this post. It made me stop and count my blessings. Including you.

    But...I still say Guy is an absolute doll and I will always think so! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogging is the first hobby I've ever had. It provides a fulfillment that still amazes me. I do wish, however, that I had invented and copywrited blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. JoJo this is one of the best posts you have written rock on woman!!! whoot whoot! cheers claps hands, gooo, disabled? who are you kidding? you got spunk! Your gonna make it.
    you can find the book on amazon .com and it's not to pricey either.Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JoJo I think I am a blog addict. And I'm OK with that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girly...just had to visit again! Your post on my Blog about Vacuuming and your hubby had me laughing OUT LOUD at 1:30AM!

    HYSTERICAL! Just what I needed before FINALLY hitting my pillow!

    You betta keep that man o' yours!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen Sister JoJo. I don't think anyone that doesn't have a love for life and connecting with others would ever be able to keep it up for long. The grumps and hypochondriacs can't deal on a daily basis with the positiveness found out here in blog land. We all love to laugh with each other, sometimes at each other but not in a bad way, we reach out when we need a hand up, we cry together and we fight battles for each other as ferocious as any Spartan. We have each other's backs and we teach and learn from each other.

    Thank you my friend. You have inspired me in more ways than you can ever know.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't have said this better myself. This is a wonderful post.

    Everyone has a cross or two to bear, some more than others, but it makes things a lot easier when you can write about it and have someone (or many) understand, offer advise, cry with you and laugh with you. It's a crazy obsessive-compulsive disorder that we all seem to suffer from but it's such a good thing.

    You've made my day.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...