"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gone in 60 seconds...

Remember last week when I was complaining about the 90+ degree temps. here, and how we are not used to such things, and the gardens and flowers and lawns were all dying a slow death?? Well...it's gone, over, out of here, probably never to be seen again. And while I am glad to have some cooler temps I am not ready for 60degree cloudy, dreary days to start again. Our 'summer' seems to be over and I can feel fall in the air...already. I was so hoping to stretch out this summer after being on bed rest for my back all of last summer/fall.

I have been dealing with some major, nasty, phantom pain this week. It's a given, with a prosthesis, that there will be times that you have to deal with fitting problems and phantom problems, and this one has knocked me off my feet. The sensation is that I have a sprained ankle. I did take a fall on Sunday so there is a real possibility that I irritated the nerves in my 'little' leg. Anyway, there is not much you can do for phantom/nerve pain so I will ride it out and be my normal self in a few days. Life with a prosthesis...sounds like blog fodder to me!

Lastly, for today, a Happy Birthday wish to the Best Friend I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Gone way to soon but forever in my heart...Patty.

mama pajama

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Patty, may you have many at the celestial table before God.

    Phantom pain, I have a friend with amputated arm and he says the phantom is worse than the actual. I can't relate as I still have all my limbic parts. I do get restless leg really bad.. .but not even close huh? :)

    I like dreary days sometimes. They soothe me. Not too many in row mind you, but a few here and there, I don't mind at all.

    Hugs
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our summer is still here, but not near as hot as last year. Yea for that! I'm sure not ready for winter yet, though.

    I'm sure phantom pain is every bit as painful as the stuff that you know you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Jojo
    Blessings to your sweet Patty as you remember her Birthday and blessings to you as you adjust to the change in seasons.
    May all you pains be gone quickly .
    I wish I had some stong words of wisdom ,just know I am sending you lots of gentle hugs.
    Along with some special prayers too.
    Thank you for comiing by and wishing me a happy birthday .
    I think it is so neat that your Mom had the same birthday and nickname :)
    Try to get some rest my sweet blogging girlfriend.
    Hugs
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed our mild weather today. Would be delighted if it were to continue through summer's end. (Heat is least favorite season around here.)

    Prayers for relief from phantom pain -- how very perplexing and yet so real. I've only red of such a thing and always wondered is it true? Now I know; it is!

    Hope you have wonderful reads to carry you through this difficulty. Looking forward to your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what phantom pain is like. After breast surgery for cancer almost 25 years ago, I still feel like there is a part of me that is there and it's not. I still, have chest pain on my right side that radiates from the missing breast. It's weird.

    I can't wait for cooler weather. We haven't had a long hot summer; in fact it's been mild compared to your heatwave, but the well is low and the wild animals are coming closer to the house looking for water. It's time for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could send you part of this heat wave.

    Sorry about the phantom pain~My Cdub suffers from that too. His is worse when the barametric pressure changes.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...