"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Patience is a Virtue...

...I certainly didn't think that I would be busier this week than I was in the weeks leading up to the wedding but alas, I am. Blogger is being stingy tonite so I have been unable to upload more than four photos, but I will happily share what I have so far.

This picture was taken before the real ceremony but is the first time that the Bride and Groom have seen each other in their finery. We are at the historic Lake Quinault Lodge and all of the formal wedding pictures were taken in this area of the grounds with the lake views in the background. I present to you my son Jeffrey and his Bride Lauren:

Here we have the flower girls lining up for their photos:

This one is from the ceremony, just after the chair-lifting which I hope I can post later. This is, of course, the garter scene...
This is a photo of four of the people who mean the most to me, just add in my husband and you have my whole world! Left: my daughter Lindsay, my son Jeffrey, my daughter-in-law Lauren, and my son-in-law Craig.
We arrived at our cabin on Wednesday after about a 4hour drive. It is a beautiful 'home' on the lake and was much larger than we'd expected and just beautiful. There were two dining rooms with the kitchen in between which worked well for our Thursday evening 'Grooms' dinner. More on that later. It rained the entire first day. My daughter and her husband arrived the next day and we began preps for the dinner. It rained the entire second day. The bride and groom also arrived on Thursday as did the rest of the immediate family and approximately 70 relatives of the brides family. There were six of us. Anyway, we awoke on Friday, the big day, to rain, who is surprised?? I mean really, who? Lucky for us the sun dance we did around the bonfire on the beach the nite before worked and by late morning the sun was out, the grass was drying, and the bees were gathering for an appearance at the soon to be wedding...

11 comments:

  1. Howdy Sweetie
    Oh my gosh it sounds just like a fairy tale .
    The photos are truly gorgeous.
    Love the sweet family .
    The flower girls are all so adorable and the bride is so beautiful,
    very elegant:)
    You are so blessed.
    Thank you for sharing this happy moment.
    I love the location it truly sounds fantastic.
    I can't belive I am about to cry :)
    I am such a sentimental gal when it comes to romance.
    Wow your photos really are wonderful .
    Have a very happy 4th of July .
    Happy Trails
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jojo,
    It is beautiful there. Perfect spot in nature for a wedding. Everything looks lovely. I am glad that the weather was good to you.
    You will love the Henri clematis. I love it because it is the kind that you don't prune back. Most clematis are cut back in feb or march and Henri is happier when you don't. I just have to remind myself every spring, so I don't cut him back.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos...thanks for sharing!! I am so pleased everything went well for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful, congratulations it was lovely. What a pretty backdrop for the pictures indeed. Can't wait to see more :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice JoJo! Glad all went well. Thanks for sharing the great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kleenex time, I love weddings. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfectly magical. I especially loved the picture/description of your "world" -- family is a haven for a heart that beats with love. Your haven is beautiful. I hope the next set of pics includes the WHOLE world (you included).

    I shed a tear when I read that the rain cleared and the sun shone while the bees hummed the tune of life. As I said earlier . . . magical -- and so blessed.

    Can't wait for the next installment. : D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jojo, just beautiful. I love the pics and how you tell the story. So romantic. I can't wait to see more pics with the grooms Mom included!! Your children are beautiful.
    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looked so perfect! What great shots!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...