"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Let them eat cake...



It's another quiet Saturday night and I don't have much to say. I'm feeling rather melancholy today, visions of my little boy running through my head. It hardly seems possible that that little sprite of mine will be getting married in less than two weeks. How does that happen...that time with your babies moves so quickly? I see his blue eyes, and curly blond hair, and I can hear his laughter echoing in the hallways where he would 'run' heading off to his room to get a book to read to me or a toy to share. I see the mischievous twinkle in his eye and wonder what kinds of trouble he is up to. And the eyelashes...why, oh why do the boys get the loveliest eyelashes!

I went to a bridal shower for my daughter-in-law-to-be and had a very nice time. She is a sweet girl and we are so happy to welcome her into our family...I feel the same way about her entire family, and for someone so hungry for extended family in their life, I couldn't be more excited. She is a 'vintage' girl through and through and I can't wait to go treasure hunting with her. In fact, some of her gifts were of the vintage sort including a set of china that was not missing a single piece. And her dress, oh how I wish I could say something about her dress, gorgeous. We had a lively brunch followed by tea and lemon-coconut cake which was obviously well received!

On the allergy front...I'm on Nasonex and it is helping a little bit. I still have the eye twitch and think it will just be one of those things. Thanks for all of your suggestions of help. I've been told the 'twitch' is probably a stress thing and I laughed...stress???me???Ha ;p Truth be told I'm a little sad, and weary, mixed with excitement of things of come. I just have been taken off guard with the complexity of emotions....

12 comments:

  1. sounds lovely and what a lovely dil to be. allergies are bad here too... nasonex works but eventually i end up having to stop using it because my passages get too dry and sensitive and bleed. yes kids grow up way too fast...have a wonderful sunday and look up bill cosby himself and watch his routien on let them eat cake OH so funny... in fact if you can get the whole videeo it is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be grateful that you have a lovely dil-to be. We should all be so lucky ... I do have one that is precious, tho. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time at the bridal shower - and that cake sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jojo,
    It's always a treat to add to the family. We have been pretty lucky so far with in-laws. I hope they feel the same way about us.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy you DIL-to-be is so lovely. You must have raised a fine son, I suspect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great time at the shower. You know, I think it's a two ways street--you're lucky to have a great DIL, but she's might lucky to have you too!
    Ick to the twitchy eye. I hate when my eye twitches. I hope yours resolves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Lanny.....she is the lucky one to have you for a MIL !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You HAVE to give us a blow by blow account of this wedding....colors, flowers, music, cake, the whole shebang. I'm living vicariously through you because I am convinced my children signed an oath at birth never to let their mother have a wedding or grandchild in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. If we lived closer I would go vintage shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh...been there. My son married a year ago on 6/30....childhood gone too soon...:(.

    He is happy and that makes this momma happy!

    Love your sweet Blog!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah....time does fly....when you're having fun....(sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your family's joy.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...