"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Nothing...


nothing much to blog about.

I finally made a decision about the wedding wear. I'm going with the beaded top. It just seems more 'wedding' than the others but I did like them all and enjoyed all of your comments. Now I've got to take the other three back to the store so I can do some grocery shopping. (I borrowed from the grocery budget ;p) Did you know I'm not a mall person...can't stand it...at.all. I rarely go there and it's even worse to have to return something...

nothing much.

I've been thinking I need a change. Maybe some new make-up, lip stick perhaps. What do you do when you want to change your looks but not drastically? Right now, I mean 'now' as in the last few years, I've been wearing as shade called "Mushroom." Sounds yucky but it's a peachy-brown shade from 'Just for Redheads." JFR is a cosmetic company for redheads. Us true redheads have a very difficult time finding the right shade of anything make-up related. Especially the strawberry-blonde types. Most of the products out there are too dark, even the lightest of shades (foundation) can be too dark for me. Even Ivory. I just happened to see an article in a magazine about JFR a few years ago and I have been a true believer since. They also have the best mascara for the redheads. Not black. Which in my opinion, on me, does not look right.

nothing much to blog.

I got this wrought iron deck chair (the one at the top of the page that I can't move to where I want it to be) for the amazingly low price of $0.00. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose on Freecycle and this time I think I won. After we picked it up we stopped at the Home Depot and bought two cans of spray paint and a cushion that was on sale. All in all, when it is finished, it will have cost me about $10. Not a bad deal I might say.

nothing much to blog about today. How about you?

15 comments:

  1. For not having much to blog about, you got a good post done!

    I'm glad you are going with the beaded top. It does look like wedding attire.

    As to makeup, I am white haired, and my skin is pale, so I use creamy natural, and a pink lipstick. Of course, lipstick isn't a big deal, because it is gone before the day is, and I hardly ever put it on later!

    Your chair looks lovely. I hope you get to spend many relaxing hours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the beaded top. Good choice;) I had no idea there was a makeup company JFR. I love it....And I am impressed with your new chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the days that I want to write a post but nothing unique or extraordinary comes to mind. As for making a change, I just got a haircut that was a drastic change for me but it felt so good just to do something really different. Whatever you decide to do, I am sure you will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am glad that you chose the beaded top. Very pretty!!

    When I wanted change I went to short hair. Now I think, I will never go back to long hair. Short is very easy and now a days I need easy.

    A few years ago, I also got a gem of a chair on craigslist that sits on my patio. I got a new cushion for it and now it's my favorite. Sometimes we make good choices and sometimes not. Glad that you and I made good ones!!!

    Can't wait to see pics of you in that pretty top!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jojo,
    I loved the beaded top! I know exaclty what you mean about mall shopping. I go to the mall maybe two times a year. Only when my daughter wants me to go with her to watch her little one while she tries on 10 pair of jeans. Your deck chair is great. I love a great deal like that.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    Just linked over here from Kelee Katillac's blog....i saw your comment that you have a lab/rhodesian ridgback mix.

    our little guy (100 pounds) is a pure bred Rhodesian Ridgeback. just love him to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always good to go with beaded for weddings...it's a fashion icon.

    We scored on Craig's List yesterday getting 2 four foot folding tables for me to use when I sew for $30. We have also scored previously on Freecycle with a couple of Pak n Plays for the kids, pallets to put down in our basement, etc.

    I'm not a makeup person but if I could ever find a 5 minute makeup routine for dry skin I would grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that chair. Freecycle? Have to look it up. And the mall? I despise it, but please don't tell my teen-ager. She already thinks I'm odd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did good on the chair. Don't you love Freecycle! What a great idea.

    The beaded top is beautiful. Good choice.

    Gelen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice on the beaded top.
    I love that chair and freecycle!
    nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chair!!

    Feeling like a lazy day to me . . . and it's a busy TUESDAY! Argh! Counting the days til my sister comes to play (7 more to go).

    Loved your chatty blog about nothing in particular and lots in general. ; )

    p.s.
    Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments on my blog of late. I, too, love getting together via blog for the beauty and the random fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just heard about freecycle when i was visiting a friend in Idaho! thanks for the reminder. i love that chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on picking an outfit. I know you're gonna look great.

    I love getting stuff for free. Right now I am sitting on a couch that someone didn't want (even though it was almost new). Love the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's pretty good for nothing much!
    great deal on the chair. Makeup is just a chore sorry. I wear it but would be perfectly happy not to. The hair thing? Ask a good dresser to recommend something and if you think she is right take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this post! For not having much to blog about you did just fine! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...