"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fifteen minutes 'till breakdown...

Despite the rumors, I'm still here. I must have gone into shock from all the sunshine (one day) but I'll get back up to speed soon. I have a few things I must get off my chest first though...(my chest being what it is)...


  • I am having serious computer issues. That's where I have really been, spending hours at a time with the lovely people at Dell. We're on a first name basis now. "Just replace the damn thing and be done with it."

  • I've been shopping for appropriate wedding attire for a wedding in the middle of June, at an historic lodge, outside, in a rain-forest. Yeah, I'm having a hard time finding something. I've searched the malls and online at every store I can think of and I've come up with nothing. Any ideas?

  • Since I've had no luck shopping for clothes I decided to shop for treasures. Did you know I am a serious 'vintage' shopper? I love antique stores and junk stores and everything in between. I scored some seriously good 'stuff' that I can't wait to share with you after the computer/camera issue is resolved.

  • Oh, I love outlet stores too. I like a good bargain. But I don't like the Walmart. Sorry.

  • We still have not been able to plant our veggie garden because of the rain and the 37degree temps at night. When does spring get here and s.t.a.y?

  • I need some ideas for the grooms dinner. There will be fifteen people there...twelve of them vegetarians. The only thing I can think of so far is dessert. Is there anything wrong with that?

  • I won two (2) contests recently and received both my prizes this week. OMG I scored some seriously cool gifts. M.E. from Adopting M.E. sent me some beautiful hand-made, hand-stamped greeting cards. She is obviously a very creative woman as well as being a very kind, caring friend.

  • The second contest I won was over at the Katillac Shack. I recently found this site and you should head over there and meet Kelee. Very colorful, very sweet friend. There was a beautiful 'Haeger" bowl and few other goodies. Thanks Kelee!

Phewww! I feel better now. I'm trying to get around and visit all y'all as my computer will allow. Hallie and Laura ~Peach~, for some reason I cannot load either of your blogs on my computer. Please know I'm thinking of you. And please send me off an e-mail and catch me up on the what's happenin'. See you later...take care.




22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a challenge. Good luck finding the perfect attire for the wedding!

    Computer issues stink! I really hope they are able to get to the bottom of it soon.

    Dessert sounds good. What else could you possibly need? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer problems suck, don't they? We're having periodic internet outage issues, and it makes me want to pull my hair out.

    Wedding attire? Something long and flowing, perhaps? with layers? I went to an outdoor wedding in late spring one time, and having layers was a good thing.

    Food for vegetarians? Pasta always works for me - especially if they aren't vegans. Lovely cheese-stuffed manicotti and bread and salad. Voila!

    Glad you liked the cards. It's an outlet for me...when I'm not blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Italian spaghetti - vegetarian?It's inexpensive, most everyone loves Italian, and the sauce is meatless.

    Okay, I admit. I Googled "vegetarian dinners" to impress you. I have no clue about food.

    Ditto on "what to where for a wedding in a rainforest" but I kept getting links to actual places that host rainforest weddings.

    And for your computer?

    I live in a three story house and find that Dells bounce better than HPs, but it depends on if they are thrown through the glass itself, and if it's done in frustration or rage. Has to do with velocity and point of impact...Google "how to equate rate of descent for Dells versus HPs from a height of more than 40 feet.."

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..and that would be "what to WEAR for a wedding in a rainforest.."

    lashings of apologies to any English majors out there

    and Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep looking for the wedding attire - it'll find you :)

    I absolutely love vintage things too..one of my very favorite things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe Andrew has solved all your problems. Except what to wear in a rainforest. Something waterproof and light. My hair just frizzed out reading this;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain with computer frustration, JoJo.

    Vegan lasagna.

    How about a nice prairie skirt and blouse?

    What are the colors for the wedding?

    As to your question of me... no, we haven't dried out yet. I'm planting stuff in the mud... Oh, well, saves having to water it in.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. computer issues are bad...here, I am complaining because my letter a fell off my laptop. (I am using my husband's at the moment)
    Let the truth be known, I hate to shop. When my daughter was getting married, my husband bought my dress at Nordstrom. Imagine how happy I was when it fit perfectly! Oh, there...go to Nordstrom and tell them what you need...they bend over backwards.
    Walmart is great for most food shopping, but I need to go elsewhere, too.
    Groom's dinner...I have plans when my son gets married someday to rent the banquet room at Maggiano's (an original Chicago phenom! Well, you have to love Italian.

    Have I helped? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Computer problems are the pits! I guess one of the blessings of not being able to make phone calls is that my husband has to take care of all that stuff!

    How about some strategically placed ferns for your wedding wear? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Computer problems are no fun at all! Do they make bugproof wedding attire?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Computer problems are no fun at all! Do they make bugproof wedding attire?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo,

    Sorry you are having computer problems. Technology is great when it's working and very frustrating when it isn't. I hope this is all rectified soon.

    I loved my Dell. It was the best computer I ever had. Now I have an Acer and I despise it.

    Your wedding wardrobe is out there...you just haven't found it yet. Glad you got some good thrift bargains in the process. I look forward to photos.

    Have a great day, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about vegetarian lasagna? that would hopefully please some of the hoards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lot of pressure~! What rain forest? June is so unpredictable here for weather. I love everyone's pasta suggestions. Are you the chef? And computer problems, too? I'll be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. my heart is broken that you still can not load our pages...I dont have a clue as to why not. I have so many pictures that tell the tales for me because I really am not that good of a writer... but the baby is doing great he is a week old today, I was going to say the pasta dish I made and showed pictures of online woudl be awesome without meat mine just had a little hamburger in it because of my carnavores here...it is a simple dish and woudl be great with a side salad and bread... the males here loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you are busy. Spring will soon be there. I won't tell you, but it's sunny and beautiful at my neck of the woods. :)

    I'm not much of a vegetarian chef, but if you want a mean pasta dish, send a shout and Ill write you a few that will stun the guests.

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jojo, You really do have a lot on your mind. I think shopping for just the right attire for an event is a headache. I never feel confident about my choices. So I'm no help to you. But if it helps, just know that I'm thinking of you. Thank you for your visits, I do love hearing from you. Good luck.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I hate computer problems!! Hope that you get yours ironed out.

    I also hate trying to find clothes for formal wear or weddings. I never look good in anything. Oh to be young and thin again!!

    I to was going to say pasta of some sort. Maybe lots of different pasta salad's along with tossed salad, bread, etc. I am not a big meat eater, so I'd love that!!

    We have had alot of rain also, but suppose to be dryer this weekend. We are due a possible frost Sunday night.

    I love ya friend. Sounds like you have alot on your plate right now. Wish I was there to help you. That would be fun!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. umm a wedding in the forest, how about a Lord of the Rings type flowing fairy tale gossamer type dress? Or a moo moo?
    Computers on the frits drive me crazy, back to that short walk thing. This wedding is going to be so cool. I think really you should wear what you would feel comfortable in, even if it is an old favorite.
    Food is easy. Go read Noble Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can't see my blog? How come? :(

    I don't even know how to fix that! Damn blogger...

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so much to sort, decide, and dither over. Pasta can dress up for any occasion. Be creative! Let yourself go. Same for the clothing dilemma. I like Karen Deborah's idea. ; D

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...