"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A comment, a question, and a confession...

First of all, many of you have asked/commented about the Sunday picture. She is a beautiful bronze statue with the sentiment: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord." She is located at the Catholic cemetery that my parents are resting at, right at the end of their row. I like to think she is watching over things for me.

Thank you all and WOW...I am so amazed at all your wonderful suggestions for the Grooms dinner and also my wardrobe dilemma. Neither on is solved but we are getting close. We all got together this weekend to discuss some wedding plans and I had a chance to talk with my son, sharing all your wonderful ideas with him. In the end it seems he would like "Gnocchi." This is a little pasta type dumpling filled with spinach/ricotta cheese/parmesan cheese, and then served with an Alfredo type sauce. It sounds good, and rich. We searched the Internet(s) and came up with a recipe that we both liked and sometime this week we will have a run-through and decided on a level of difficulty! If you know "Gnocchi" and have had it before please leave me a comment...
As for the dress. I've decided on a skirt, long, black, flowy. I now have three tops that I'm considering and I may post them and let you all decide since I trust your taste! If I can get the computer and the camera to work together that is.
We had a busy weekend what with the wedding planning, shopping for clothes, and shopping for seedlings. It's just getting too late in the year to plant seeds and so we've had to cheat a little. What few rows of sees we did plant have all run together due to the rain. We just might have some interesting combinations this year. As it turned out it started raining the next day so the poor little seedlings are waiting patiently to find their new homes. (I know I won't melt if I go out in the rain but I prefer not to with my myriad health issues, sprinkles fine...rain no)

I didn't think it would be so difficult to see the boy get married...I am overwhelmed at how this has affected me...

7 comments:

  1. Any kind of gardening which produces food is not cheating, no matter how is is accomplished.

    Can't wait to see our blouse choices (notice how I'm all involved now? It's always all about me, you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnocchi is delicious! I thinks it's the perfect choice. Can't wait ti see the blouse choices (or choice as the case may be).

    Watching the boy pass through a special portal into the next stage . . . how could be anything other than overwhelming.? I hope it is WONDERful in the best of all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I'm waiting to see what blouse you choose.. :)

    pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought tomato plants, because the seeds didn't germinate like they should have. Now, I hope we'll have a few different kinds of tomatoes, and peppers! I am surprised that the flowers I bought are thriving. I do not have a green thumb!

    Your dinner sounds wonderful. Post pictures of your outfit!

    You do know, don't you, the mother of the groom is supposed to show up, shut up, and wear beige. LOL! I didn't do that for either of my boys' weddings! Red dress for the 1st on, and a beautiful eggplant (purple) long dress for the 2nd one. I wish I could still fit into them! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Gnocchi, I used to make them haven't for ages. I usually made them plain & served with butter, S&P.YUM

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...