"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunshine overload...

Oh, I had such a good post planned for y'all today. It was SO good, probably my best but sadly we will never know. It is lost in the windmills of my mind. (Who sang that song?)
It's been almost a year now, a long exhausting painful year, since I was able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine, the warmth and loveliness of being out in the back yard.
About a year ago I was diagnosed with Pirformis Syndrome, a very painful nerve condition of the back, hip, and leg. It left me unable to participate in any activities. When you only have the one leg and it decides to go on strike then you are pretty much done. And I was done. I spent the better part of a year having tests, having physical therapy, going to pain clinics, all without avail. "We" decided to try for pain control as surgery is out of the question once you have a heart-attack. (ain't I fun). It took months and months to find the right combinations that would give me relief but not put me to sleep. And finally a few weeks ago I started to see the light. I started to get up in the morning without crying, started going to the grocery store, started spending the evenings talking with my husband and cooking dinner for him. I even did some laundry.
We have had lovely weather here the past two days and I have just been beside myself with things I want to do. I have been pushing and pushing myself harder each day to stay standing up as long a possible, walk as much as possible...to just be present in my own life.
My son is getting married in six weeks and I have set my goals on that. It is the thing I need to be 'present' for.
There is a trade off, of course, as always. All the sunshine, all the fresh air, all the exercise has played havoc with my glucose readings, and my allergies. I am once again like a child. Fresh air, a nice dinner, and a nap. Not just a little fresher upper nap, but a three hour nap. I have been waking up just in time to take my meds and go to bed. I can 't begin to tell you how much I love it, how happy I feel, how content to have some semblance of my life back.

15 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling a bit better...the wedding will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to enjoy the sunshine this weekend. I didn't realize the physical problems you have.

    Get ready for the wedding! It will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine is a marvelous friend, isn't it? Glad you got to enjoy some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I join you in rejoicing over every bit of joy in your day. I am revelling in sunshine and wondering if I will ever have enough energy to do all the projects my mind spins out. I will keep you in my prayers as you grasp more and more of each lovely day. enJOY! : D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful I am glad that the so called happy medium is comeing about...I love the sunny weekends when mike is here it is so much better when we are together... :)
    Love n hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, JJ!!! First off, Noel Harrison sang it, and some others but he sang it first...

    I am so happy for you; I am so happy that you are having some joy in your life, because we all need it. I'm really starting to get there now, too, with my healthy eating plan. Doesn't it just give you a new lease on life to do things you want to do? Even if it's baby steps, and even if there are trade-offs. It's LIFE! No matter what, there are ALWAYS trade-offs, for everybody, in some way. For you, I am so glad you are able to enjoy the things that make you happy.

    You are going to be one happy, beautiful Mama for your boy's wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea Jojo! I'm so glad you're finding the right combo to help with the pain! I'm glad you've been able to enjoy the sunshing, and I'm glad you'll be able to go to the wedding! :) Happy day, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy Jojo, things are getting better for you. Please email me and let me know. I am glad you are out enjoying the sunshine. Wish we'd have some. Did they change your meds?

    Your son's wedding will be so much fun. I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd tell you who sang that song, but I can't remember... I'll get back to you on that one.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great that you are getting out and doing things - and there's nothing wrong with a little nap, right? I like a little nap myself.

    Spring is getting to everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sunshine and weddings! Glad you seem to be feeling better.
    Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So hapy to hear you are feeling better. Sunshine is a wonderful thing. And I see nothing wrong w/ daily 3 hour naps. I'd love to be able to take them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you found the right combo for you.
    Now, I'm a wedding freak, so details about your son's wedding...colors, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh JoJo, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better! Six weeks until the wedding! So much to look forward to!

    It's always a pleasure to hear from you, dear one!

    Big hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jojo, It's hard to know what to say when someone has been hurting. I am sorry for this set back you have had in your life. I'm sure it is devestating not to be able to do all the things you would like to do. But you have such a good attitude, and that comes across very clear in your post. With an attitude like this you will be happy and in control of your life. Best wishes to your son and his new bride.
    Hugs to you from Idaho, June

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...