"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, May 1, 2009

My troubled mind (Q and A my way)....



lets take a little journey and see what's in there...
Happy May Day!

did you know that May Day is a celebration of the half-way point between the spring equinox and the summer solstice? I can remember when all the little girls in the neighborhood, my own daughter included, would make May baskets and deliver them to all the neighbors. We always got one from our next-door neighbor filled with flowers that she had picked from my yard! So sweet...I miss those days.
Sometimes, when I think about the past and all the people that have touched my life and are now lost, I get terribly sad. I feel like my past is dying and it will all soon be gone. Does everyone get so 'melancholy?'

Why, why, WHY...facebook? I have lost so many of my fellow bloggers to 'it'. I understand that you can connect with a lot of people from the past (see above) and with family and friends BUT...I already do that, so what is the point?

Same question with Twitter??

Did you all know how fabulous Starbucks orange/cranberry scones are? I have always had a dislike for scones, as the only place I ever had tried them was at the county fair and they were stuffed with raspberry jam. I do not do berries of any kind being deathly allergic to strawberries. I recently tried one of these o/c scones and I was hooked. So much so that I have been trying to reproduce the recipe in my own kitchen. I've done pretty well so far with my only problem now being how to get rid of the 27carbs they each possess.

Why can four different doctors look at an M.R.I. of my back, which was read as normal for age, and shake their heads and say they have no idea at all why I am in so much pain...then...the fifth doctor looks at said M.R.I. and says OMG you've been walking around like this for 8 months!?! And that if I had had surgery within the first three months it would have been successful but to have it now would be useless as I have incurred irreversible nerve damage. Yeah...I get to hurt this much forever.

Did I mention Happy May Day? So, what are your plans this weekend?




15 comments:

  1. Happy May day to you! Orange and cranberry is such a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're feeling melancholy, but rest assured that you are NOT the only one.

    I, too, am less than thrilled with the whole facebook thing. I think a lot of people are spending their time there instead of blogging. I'm not sure I will ever get on the bandwagon. Blogging has more substance in my opinion. FB seems like a hamburger compared to the more steak-like blog world.

    Stop by my blog to find out the results of the contest, and Happy May Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy May Day JoJo! I was just sitting here thinking of times past. My Mom got married on May 1st. They would have a 55 year anniversary. Seems like my family is just slipping away...Sigh.

    Oh well, off to get a mammogram this morning. I'm getting tired of FB too and need to get back to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I FB and I blog, but I refuse to be sucked into Twitter!! :)

    In my simple opinion, its yet another example of people and our short-term attention spans and how we would rather say something in 140 strokes, as opposed to taking the time to type out an entire blog post. That's why sometimes I let my blog posts be short and sweet as well .... my point (do I really have one?) is that I understand from personal experience how easy it is to let the blogging go by the wayside, so I'm not taking up anything else that might interfere! :)

    Hope you have a great, non-Twittery day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats at your win over at Adopting M.E. I know what the prize is and I think you'll love it.

    FB does seem to be taking over the world doesnt it?

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jojo,

    I am so sorry that the first doctors missed the diagnosis. I know how you feel because they did the exact same thing with my knees. It makes me furious that they don't take the time to LISTEN. They think, for some reason, it is all in our heads, and then find out there truly was a big problem. I am praying for you, my friend.

    I do have a facebook account but don't spend much time on there. I much prefer blogger. It is much more personal and I have made some great friends here.

    Happy May Day, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy May Day JoJo!
    I love blogging better.
    Nonstop w/e planned!
    But it's all good.
    I may even get a post in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get FB at first. All the friend requests I got were local, so that seemed redundant. Then I started 'finding' friends from long ago and far away. It was very cool. Honestly now, I'm a little bored with it.

    Congrats on your win over at ME's blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as doctors help, I've found that an unhealthy number of them seem less compassionate than our veterinarian..

    Having said that, to answer your question, I will be building the set for the play I'm directing (M.E.T. is my faithful assistant and stage manager!)

    I'm also writing.

    And probably drinking beer at some point, being that it was the week that it was

    ReplyDelete
  10. This May day we spent driving to Omaha to see the kids and grandkids. It is a 6 hour trip, and we made it in 8 hours today! It was so funny...we stopped in Norton, to use the facilities, at the McD's. Wouldn't you know it, we met friends from our home town, so we sat and ate a breakfast with them. What fun!

    It was a beautiful day, but the traffic was awful on I-80.

    The grandkids were so pleased to see us, and I think the kids were too!

    I'm sorry you didn't get a good diagnosis earlier, but I think DR's just don't take the time they need to get things right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I too reflect the pass those who have come and gone in my life. I have lost several young friends and time doesn't make it better.. just makes it longer without them.

    Sorry to hear about the back situation. I personally do not think "doctors" listen and are too busy pushing the people through to get the money in the door. Now having said that...Being a doctor isn't the "glorius" job it use to be! They have to work harder to make the money now and it makes them loose the interest of their job. (but that's my personal opinion). Happy May Day sorry jojo I thought I was following you already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy May day to you... you have not lost me to facebook even though i do enjoy it... you are losing me to SPRING... when the temps change and it stays late at night we stay outside ... if we are doing nothing more than watching the grass grow... we LOVE our yard and pond and birds and even the squirrells... so every years I slow down with blogging...
    BUT thats not to say that I dont try to get on here and catch up with everyone cause see if I dont then I get to missing everyone in a huge way :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading your May Day blog. Thanks for sharing and I hope you will get out of your melancholy mood very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got a facebook page but I really don't enjoy it as much as the blogging! So I'm staying here.

    Facebook will probably go the way of My Space sooner or later - but I think blogging will still be around!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...