"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

it's time for us to step up...

have you made any 'green' changes around your house?
*switch to energy saving light bulbs.

* re-usable canvas bags for shopping.
*bio-degradable bags for garbage.
*compostable bio-bags for kitchen scraps.
*low-flow shower heads.
*non-phosphorus laundry detergent, and dishwashing detergent.
*'green' cleaning products.
*energy star appliances (we started with our dishwasher).
*compost bin.

4 comments:

  1. Ah my dear, I've been living this way for years. When we moved from Santa Cruz 9 years ago (a pretty "green" place even way-back-when) I brought my reusable bags to the store and they looked at me like I was from outer space. Recently a young checker told me I inspired her as an example -- wow! I think she means I am old and eccentric, but kinda neat just the same. ; D

    I never celebrate "Earth Day" because every day is "Good Steward" day around my cottage.

    p.s.
    Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for my friend. She needs them so desperately just now. God bless you for lifting her up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting there! Awareness is the key! Happy Earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past year or so I've lived a more "green" lifestyle than I thought I would. Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do most of what's already listed. I still want a compost bin. I am horrible about remembering my reusable bags though. I have them, but I forget them in my trunk quite often. I've got to get better about that.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...