"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy heart, healthy heart...

According to Eastern medicine, joy is the emotion associated with the heart. It has long been observed that happy go-lucky people are less likely to develop heart disease, and science confirms this. One study showed that one in five patients with coronary heart disease comes from the population of the severely depressed. Researchers found that pleasurable emotions increased levels of natural killer immune cells. Take steps to practice joy in your daily life, and it will expand naturally. Let joy fill your heart, and your heart will gladden your health.

from "secrets of longevity"



Have you gotten your joy on today?

9 comments:

  1. Most of the time I am happy and content, but I do have my days. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need to add more joy into my life. Thanks for the reminder!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOO HOOOO I love little things and take great joy in them! if genetics have much to say I will die of cancer... but I am of the mind set nuture of nature... hell I should live forever LMAO...
    HUGSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  4. No joy here at all. Not sure when it will come back.

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! I say everyday about ground is a good one!
    SMILES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this means I will live to be a ripe old age. I take joy in simple things. Thank you for the uplifting news. Thank you so much for the sweet messages you leave for me.
    Hugs, June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Reminder! Joy to you today and always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How is my dear friend today??

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...