"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When you don't know what to say...

This is the post where I don't know what to say. I've been walking in a strange land these past few days...a stranger in a strange land.

My brother arrived Friday afternoon. We spent the weekend just hanging about the house, looking at pictures of the family, my parents and their siblings (how ironic), and, most recently, pictures of our own families. We've grocery shopped three times and eaten more food than should be allowed by law and God and my clothing manufacturer. We've talked. And cried. And talked.

Today my sister came over. She brought more food that none of us should have eaten and while I quietly observed, she and brother made pizza from scratch. It was excellent. Her being here however, was not.

I have been accused of having an agenda. My only 'agenda' is to not get sick or have another heart attack because of the stress these people cause me. Enough said.

'Thank you all so very, very much for your support and kind words. It means so much to me to come here and know that you are thinking of me or praying for me. I really can't express my gratitude to all of you. I am so lucky to have found you...and I will check back in with a full report as soon as I can...:)

13 comments:

  1. One thing that has always helped me when I am in a stressful situation is to pray for those that cause my stress or pain. Many times they are ones that need the prayer.

    Take care and keep praying, knowing that we are all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping all turns out well:))
    I know their visit wasn't easy for you , but things are all done for a reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jojo has a great point. Take care of yourself first, but approach them all with loving kindness in your heart. It makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending Hugs and Prayers JoJo. Love always finds a way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, JJ, for once I don't have a lot to add to what has already been said. All you can do is give it your best shot with these people; if they don't want the same things as you, there just is not a whole lot you can do about it. The thing that you will always be able to take satisfaction in is that you tried your best.

    I know for sure you have to take care of yourself and your health first. Thinking of you always, but especially now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with all who have commented... I wanted you to know I got the card today THANK YOU!
    You are in our prayers and I hope this turns out to be a healing time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't possibly say anything more meaningful that what has already been said - just want you to know I'm thinking of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto from me too!! It has all been said. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you find some peace calm. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jojo hit on the head, pray for them.
    I think I might say, Yes I do have an agenda, it's "reconciliation'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not much for me to add as others have already said it so well, so I'll just ditto what they've said and send some hugs. Take care, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending out prayers and positive vibes to you :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here for you... That and all the rest has been said.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...