"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Check your pockets...

Yay! Yay! Yay! for me!! This is my 200th post. Really?? you ask. How can that possibly be? My goodness, didn't you just start that blog? Well, you must have a lot to say. How will you celebrate??

Yes, this really is my 200th post. It really took me much longer than I think it should have or maybe longer than I had anticipated. I started this blog about 1 1/2 years ago so you can see I'm not an everyday blogger. I had no idea how much I would come to enjoy it. You have all made me feel so welcome and I look forward to your comments with great anticipation everyday. (anticipation, hmm, who knew I could use it so much...anticpation..is makin' me late...keepin' me waaaitin'...name that tune).

And now for the celebration part. I've thought and thought and re-thunk it over and found the perfect gift for you to give me. Whaaaaaat? you say. Didn't you know you are supposed to give me a gift? Yes...it's right here in the 200th post rules...'the poster will recieve the gift of her choice from all of her loyal commenter's on the anniversary of her 200th post.' Did you all miss that part when you signed on to create your blog? tsk! tsk! (thank-you caution).

Well then, since I'm such a good sport and your best blogger friend I will give you a present in the form of a prize, of my liking, and my choosing. So here goes: This will officially be called "The Jojo 200th Post Contest." I will not be announcing the prize as of yet (which means I'm not really sure I want to let you know what it is...I'm all about surprises). The contest will be open until Friday, March 6 at midnight my time (Pacific). You may enter only once. The judge, my husband, will make the final decision on Sunday and the prize, along with the winner, will be announced. To enter all you have to do is answer this question:

If you didn't know how old you are how old would you be, and why?

And just for fun...a bonus question...you can enter this as many times as you like but all answers must be on today's post. (There will be a separate prize to the first person who answers correctly).

What is the significance of today's date? (3-9-09)

There it is...good luck and YAY to me!



11 comments:

  1. do you mean the date 3-3- 09 as in square root day?

    Now as for how old I am... most days I feel 25ish... but when the weather takes a dramatic change and i feel it in my bones then suddenly I and transported from neverland and feel way older than my mere 41 years... Congratulations on your 200th post and Have a beautiful Wonderful day!
    Hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will always feel 38. That was a watershed year for me. Yes. I have been 38 for 11 years;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be 22. Before the onset of any middle-aged aches and pains, through with college, and loving my life! 3-3-09 is 3 squared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is square root day, but that's not nearly as exciting as your 200th post. Congratulations!

    In my head, I'm about 35, I guess. Young enough to know what's cool in the world, old enough to behave myself (most of the time).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 200!

    I don't have a set age to answer. Physically, I feel like I'm in my 20s most days. If I haven't gotten enough sleep though, I feel like I'm much older. Experience-wise? I feel like I'm older than I am. Not that I'm wiser, I've just had some experiences that have aged me. Mentally? I feel pretty darn young...unless Linus has stumped me. Then I feel old. And stupid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah 3-9-09 is square root day - I heard that on the news this morning!
    As for the how old you are question... hmm..
    I think you'd only be as old as you feel. If you didn't know how old you were then what difference would it make? after all , you are only as old as you feel, right?
    happy 200th post:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!

    Last night in class we read about a woman who said she wanted the spotlight in life about as much as she would want a sag-enhancing bra . I was the only one in class old enough to laugh. So how old would I be? Young enough not to understand what that meant. 25, baby, 25!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was 25 I asked my Grandma how old you are when you feel grown up because, even though I had three children, I still felt like... Me. She laughed and told me that that was it. I looked into her wrinkled face and thought... Dang. You know what? At 42... I still feel like Me.

    Everyone else already said Square Root Day. Hmmmmm. Triple Dip Day. That would be me squared.

    The picture is from Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also heard this morning it is square root day. I see I am not 1st although...LOL

    I would like to be 42 forever. David and I got together when I was 42 and what a magical and blissful year that was. not to say almost 12 yrs later it still isn't blissful, it is, just that new love is so wonderful, and I didn't have bad legs then and could still drive and work.

    Of course we are OK, Jojo. Why wouldn't we be? I love you to pieces girl. We are twins separated at birth, remember?

    Have a great day!! I now owe you a email...lol.

    ILy

    God Bless~
    Debbie
    PS.
    Happy 200th post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 25 Baby! For one thing, that was an extremely FUN year for me, but it was also the very beginning of when I really started to grow up. On the other hand, though...I have always...well, at least from about the time I was 7...felt 10 years older than I am. Even now. Don't know why...Tomorrow, though--after breaking my butt today--I expect to feel even a little more than 10 years older. Man, what a jolt!

    And I admit it. I had no idea 3-3-09 was square root day. Would have never even thought of it. Heck, JJ, I'm doing good to even sort of remember what a square root is! BWAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 200 post, and yes, 3/3/09 is sq. root day.

    I ask myself all the time what age was the best for me..and honestly, I like today as much as any. I'm retired, happy, healthy and loved. God has been good to me for sure.

    Thank you for stopping by and entering my contest too!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...